No Mail after Ubuntu Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Mail after Ubuntu Upgrade

i am running an ox 6.8.0-6802 on my ubuntu/postfix/dovecot machine. now I dist-upgraded ubuntu from 8.10 to 9.04 via the recommended sudo do-release-upgrade method. after the upgrade everything works fine except that i cannot get into the mail section of open-xchange. the mail icon is grayed out. same thing happened once, when i changed my ssh-password in the shell. i then had to change it in my ox account too and then it worked again. but this time i didnt change it, so the dist-upgrade must have configured something differently than it was before. can anyone give me a hint on where that could be?

emails are on the account, it seems just that ox cannot connect to the mailbox or slt. any ideas?

Comment

Could it be that the authentication mechanism has been changed by the update? Whats the exact error messages? Does a login via telnet work (telnet localhost 143 -> 01 LOGIN user pass)

Greetings

Comment

I'd recommend to ask this question on a Ubuntu related forum.

Community support Ubuntu forums Chat (IRC) Launchpad Answers AskUbuntu Local language support Mailing lists Access free documentation If you are stuck on a problem, someone else has probably encountered it too. Take a look at the official documentation developed and maintained by the Ubuntu Documentation Team. Live support chat If you would rather ask questions directly to the Ubuntu Community, you can access our Internet relay chat (IRC) channel. If you are new to Ubuntu, and have not us...

Comment

Working...
        X