java.io.IOException: Socket is null, cannot connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• java.io.IOException: Socket is null, cannot connect

Ive been trying to configure MySQL and Open-Xchange under Ubuntu 7.04 for the last day or so and have been unable to get it to work properly. Ive searched the web, and these forums to no avail. I was hoping to get some direction from this amazing community.

So heres my problem: I try running this command

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller --oxdb-pass=some_pass --admin-pass=some_pass --maildomain example.com

And I get a few errors in the Konsole. The one that seems most pressing is this:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Ive done some research and it seems I need to put the JDBC jar somewhere so it can load the file, but I'm not sure where to put it.

Beyond that error I get a huge list of errors in the OX log file. The first of which is this

java.io.IOException: Socket is null, cannot connect

Then after that I get dozens of SEVERE: Can't fix Can't fix Socket is null, cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:57462 messages in the log.

Now I'm wondering if those errors stem from the JDBC driver not loading or if there is something else going on as well. Could anyone give me some direction as to how to correct these errors or point me to a place that would have the information i need. I've been following the OX wiki and its been a huge learning process, but I am making progress. Ive been at this for nearly a week and would really like to get this working.

You installed the exactly same java-mysql connector as described in the Wiki?

What's your classpath, is the mysql-connector-java-3.1.13-bin.jar really located into your classpath?

Daniel

Comment

I have the same error messages in my log, but working on OX:EE, i don't know if this solution is appliable.

open-xchange.log.0:
      Code:
      Sep 10, 2008 6:48:37 AM org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPService <init>
      SEVERE: Could not create sender to [127.0.0.1:57462] -- Socket is null, cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:57462
      The full thread is here:

Have you been able to solve the problem? How did you do it?

Comment

Working...
      X