No announcement yet.

changing primary mail address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you restarted the admin and groupware?
    Markus Wagner
    Open-Xchange Quality Assurance

Comment

well, at least during installation

but to proove:
      server:/opt/open-xchange/sbin# service open-xchange-groupware restart
      Restarting Open-Xchange Groupware: open-xchange-groupware.
      server:/opt/open-xchange/sbin# service open-xchange-admin restart
      Restarting Open-Xchange Admin Daemon: open-xchange-admin.
      server:/opt/open-xchange/sbin# changeuser -c 87 -A secret1 -P secret2 -i 51 -e username@domain.at
      user 51 in context 87 could not be changed:
      Server response:
      primary mail must not be changed

Comment

Can you please post a list of all installed open-xchange packages?
        Markus Wagner

Comment

Yes Sir!

server:/opt/open-xchange/sbin# dpkg -l|grep open-xchang
          ii open-xchange 6.14.0.0-8 Open-Xchange server scripts and configuratio
          ii open-xchange-activation 1.1.1-19 Bundled version of the Java Activation Frame
          ii open-xchange-admin 6.14.0.0-8 Open Xchange Admin Daemon containing command
          ii open-xchange-admin-client 6.14.0.0-8 The Open Xchange Admin Daemon RMI client lib
          ii open-xchange-admin-doc 6.14.0.0-8 Documentation for the Open Xchange RMI clien
          ii open-xchange-admin-lib 6.14.0.0-8 The Open Xchange Admin Daemon Bundle client
          ii open-xchange-admin-plugin-contextrestore 6.14.0.0-8 Open Xchange Admin Context Restore Plugin
          ii open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting 6.14.0.0-8 Open Xchange Admin Hosting Plugin
          ii open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting-client 6.14.0.0-8 The Open Xchange Admin Hosting RMI client li
          ii open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting-doc 6.14.0.0-8 Documentation for the Open Xchange RMI clien
          ii open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting-lib 6.14.0.0-8 The Open Xchange Admin Hosting Bundle client
          ii open-xchange-admin-soap 6.14.0.0-8 Open Xchange Admin SOAP API
          rc open-xchange-authentication-imap 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange IMAP Authentication. Now wi
          ii open-xchange-axis2 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Axis2 Bundle
          ii open-xchange-cache 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Server Caching Bundle
          ii open-xchange-calendar 6.14.0.0-8 Calendar Module
          ii open-xchange-charset 6.14.0.0-8 charset bundle
          ii open-xchange-common 6.14.0.0-8 jar files and OSGi bundles commonly used by
          ii open-xchange-configjump-generic 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange generic ConfigJump
          ii open-xchange-configread 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Server Config Bundle
          ii open-xchange-control 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Server Control Bundle
          ii open-xchange-conversion 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Conversion Bundle
          ii open-xchange-conversion-engine 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Conversion Engine Bundle
          ii open-xchange-conversion-servlet 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Conversion Servlet
          ii open-xchange-crypto 6.14.0.0-8 Provides cryptography services to bundles in
          rc open-xchange-custom-parallels 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Parallels Extensions. Authe
          ii open-xchange-data-conversion-ical4j 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange data conversion iCal4j impl
          ii open-xchange-dataretention 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Server Data Retention Bundl
          rc open-xchange-easylogin 6.12.0.0-4 Open-Xchange Easylogin
          ii open-xchange-genconf 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Server Generic Configuratio
          ii open-xchange-genconf-mysql 6.14.0.0-8 Stores a set of generic options in the mysql
          ii open-xchange-global 6.14.0.0-8 global bundle
          ii open-xchange-group-managerequest 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Server Group Management Req
          ii open-xchange-gui 6.14.0.0-8 Package containing the AJAX gui
          rc open-xchange-gui-ie6-compat 6.8.1-14 Package containing the AJAX gui
          rc open-xchange-gui-mobile 1.0.0-13 Package containing the Open-Xchange Mobile G
          ii open-xchange-i18n 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange i18n Bundle
          ii open-xchange-imap 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Server IMAP Bundle
          ii open-xchange-jcharset 1.3.0-57 jcharset bundle
          ii open-xchange-lang 6.14.0.0-8 Package containing i18n helper functions
          ii open-xchange-mailfilter 6.14.0.0-8 Open Xchange Mailfilter Plugin
          ii open-xchange-management 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Management Bundle
          ii open-xchange-monitoring 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Monitoring Bundle
          ii open-xchange-online-help-de 6.14.0.0-8 Package containing german OX online help
          ii open-xchange-online-help-en 6.14.0.0-8 Package containing english OX online help
          ii open-xchange-online-help-fr 6.14.0.0-8 Package containing french OX online help
          ii open-xchange-passwordchange-database 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Password Change Database Bu
          rc open-xchange-passwordchange-script 6.12.0.0-4 The Open-Xchange Password Change Script Bund
          ii open-xchange-passwordchange-servlet 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Password Change Servlet
          ii open-xchange-publish 6.14.0.0-8 Interfaces defining the OX publication API
          ii open-xchange-publish-basic 6.14.0.0-8 Basic OSGi based implementation of the publi
          rc open-xchange-publish-microformats 6.12.0.0-4 Publishes a set of objects in OXMF externall
          ii open-xchange-push-udp 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Server Push UDP Bundle
          ii open-xchange-resource-managerequest 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Server Resource Manage Requ
          ii open-xchange-server 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Server Bundle
          ii open-xchange-sessiond 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Server Session Daemon
          ii open-xchange-settings-extensions 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Settings Extensions
          ii open-xchange-smtp 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Server SMTP Bundle
          ii open-xchange-spamhandler-spamassassin 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange SpamAssassin Handler
          ii open-xchange-sql 6.14.0.0-8 SQL Builder API
          ii open-xchange-subscribe 6.14.0.0-8 Basic OSGi based implementation of the subsc
          rc open-xchange-subscribe-crawler 6.12.0.0-4 Subscribe Crawler feeds
          ii open-xchange-templating 6.14.0.0-8 Provides access to the templating subsystem
          ii open-xchange-threadpool 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange Thread Pool Bundle
          ii open-xchange-user-json 6.14.0.0-8 The Open-Xchange user JSON interface bundle
          ii open-xchange-xml 6.14.0.0-8 XML Services

Comment

if you have copy and paste this line from the properties file, please check the spelling and remove the G

PRIMARY_MAIL_UNCHANGEABLGE=false

Anymore there are some packages with the version 6.12.
            Markus Wagner

Comment

close, but not finished. posting 1 in this thread tricked me here, but still:

server:/opt/open-xchange/sbin# cat /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/user.properties

# Specify whether beta features are enabled/disabled per default
              com.openexchange.user.beta=true
              primary_mail_unchangeable=false
              server:/opt/open-xchange/sbin# service open-xchange-groupware restart
              Restarting Open-Xchange Groupware: open-xchange-groupware.
              server:/opt/open-xchange/sbin# service open-xchange-admin restart
              Restarting Open-Xchange Admin Daemon: open-xchange-admin.
              server:/opt/open-xchange/sbin# changeuser -c 87 -A secret1 -P secret2 -i 51 -e username@domain.at
              user 51 in context 87 could not be changed:
              Server response:
              primary mail must not be changed

besides, the docu is saying:
              PRIMARY_MAIL_UNCHANGEABLE - If true, it is possible to change primary E-Mail address (this breaks outlook oxtender support)

isnt that just unlogic? UNchangeable=true should NOT let it change. besides i
              tried true and false, Capital letters ond like the posting, and nothing worked.

and i am VERY worried about the breaking of oxtender support, some of my users are planning to use oxtender in future??

Comment

is it ok, instead of spamming forum here, just to search the ox database, and replace it?

Comment

i installed 6.16 today and first thing i tested was to change the primary emailadress!

the former problem seems to be fixed, but i still get a message i don't want:

Code:
                  # ./listuser -c 1 -A admin -P secret
                  55 test7              test test7           test7@example.com         
                  Code:
                  # ./changeuser -c 1 -A admin -P secret -i 55 -u test -d "test test" -g test -s test -e test@example.com
                  user 55 in context 1 could not be changed: 
                  Server response:
                   primaryMail, Email1 and defaultSenderAddress must be present in set of aliases.
                  i don't want an alias!
                  i just want to change the username and primary email address.
                  what am i doing wrong?

Comment

You need to change all the listed addresses at once.
                    In addition, the primary mail and default sender address must be listed in the aliases:

Example:

Code:
                    -e test@example.com -u username -a test@example.com \
                    --defaultsenderaddress test@example.com

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but has this handling changed again in newer releases? I tried setting the option in the user.properties on a 6.20 system, and still get the "must not be changed" error when I try altering a user email ...

Comment

Working...
                        X