• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imap Login Probleme

Hallo,
    zusammen.

OX : 6.10.0 Rev6
    Suse 11.1

Hab alles nach Anweisung installiert. Passwordmech auf Crypt umgestellt und authentifiziere IMAP mittels pam_mysql und der ox-Database. Ein Login mittels E-Mail Klient geht, aber wenn ich mich an der GUI anmelden möchte kommt folgender Fehler:

Aug 9 12:45:19 stone imap[1422]: badlogin: localhost [127.0.0.1] PLAIN [SASL(-13): authentication failure: cross-realm login tschneider@defaultcontext denied]

Woher kommt das "@defaultcontext

Danke
    Gruß
    Thomas

Hi,

this happens if the values in mail.properties are changed, especially the loginSource parameter. Please check if this value is "login". Also check that the users --imaplogin is only his username. When logging in to the UI, you just need to enter the username, no @defaultcontext.

Greetings

Comment

Hello,

loginSource=login and the imaplogin is the only the username .
      Also I only use the username to login in the gui.

???
      Thx

Comment

After a restart, I can login to the Gui but if i want to check email
        it says that the server is down, and it is disabled.

In the log I see the login request. What is strange, that it isn't using pam_mysql as configured in /etc/pam.d/imap+smtp. It seems that it's using
        normal system login:

Aug 9 14:56:02 stone saslauthd[3404]: DEBUG: auth_pam: pam_authenticate failed: User not known to the underlying authentication module
        Aug 9 14:56:02 stone saslauthd[3404]: do_auth : auth failure: [user=msteinberg] [service=sieve] [realm=] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]
        Aug 9 14:56:02 stone sieve[8505]: badlogin: localhost[127.0.0.1] PLAIN authentication failure

?
        Thx
        Regards
        Thomas Schneider

Comment

Hi Thomas,

well, this seems like a configuration problem of the IMAP server to me. Open-Xchange Server just performs a login through port 143, everthing beyond is handled by the configured authentication method of IMAP. You could ngrep the login procedure to see what data is used for the LOGIN command.

Greetings

Comment

Hi,
            but If I use a email-client (outlook) it can login using pam_mysql and it also uses the port 143.

???

Thx

Comment

Working...
            X