Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open-xchange-groupware dies after 36sec

Hi,

ich hab OX6 nach der Anleitung auf http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...ion_openSUSE11 installiert.

Die Installation war im Prinzip erfolgreich, aber der open-xchange-groupware demon stirbt nach exakt 36 Sekunden. Das passiert aber erst seit einem reboot der Kiste.
    Beim der Installation habe ich aus Versehen anstatt

/etc/init.d/open-xchange-admin start
    open-xchange-admin
    eingegeben. Könnte es damit zu Rechteproblemen gekommen sein?
    In den 36 Sekunden in denen OX läuft, bekomme ich auch den Fehler
    error in low level connection to sieve server
    Ich hoffe mir kann jemand helfen.
    Hier meine Logs: open-xchange.zip

OS

openSuse11.1 + Plesk 9.2.2

java -version
    java version "1.6.0_0"
    IcedTea6 1.4 (suse-24.4-x86_64) Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_0-b14)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0-b08, mixed mode)

----

Hi,

i installed OX6 with this guide http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...ion_openSUSE11.

at a first glance the install look fine, but after a reboot the open-xchange-groupware demon dies after exactly 36 seconds.
    during the install i accidentally run the command
    open-xchange-admin
    instead of
    /etc/init.d/open-xchange-admin start
    therefore right problems are possible, or not?

additional i have a different error during the 36 sec ox is running

error in low level connection to sieve server
    i hope somebody can help.

my OS

openSuse11.1 + Plesk 9.2.2

java -version
    java version "1.6.0_0"
    IcedTea6 1.4 (suse-24.4-x86_64) Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_0-b14)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0-b08, mixed mode)

my logs: open-xchange.zip

best regards

Hi,

it seems that there is another process running on some port, could it be that some app is blocking port 9999? Maybe multiple instances of OX are started? Please use SUN Java 1.5 or 1.6 as default JVM, IcedTea is not tested nor supported (update-alternatives --config java).
    The "error in low level connection to sieve server" has no influence on operating the server, it just tells you that the mail server does not support mail filter. If you want to get rid of this message, enable sieve at the imap server or unstable the open-xchange-mailfilter package.

Greetings
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 08-29-2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

hi,

thanks for the answer.

change java ... done
      java -version
      java version "1.6.0_15"
      Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_15-b03)
      Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.1-b02, mixed mode)
      how can i check if a other app is running at port 9999?
      runs the open-xchange-admin at the same port? must the open-xchange-admin demon run? after a reboot open-xchange-groupware demon is still runing.

but now, it works fine.

how to enable sieve at the imap server? it's a qmail mail server ...

regards
      Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2009, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Hi,

you can use the tool "netstat" and its parameters to find out what application (pid) uses a specific port. The admindaemon does not need to run on the same machine in order to run the groupware, its optional. Port 9999 is JMX (Java Management Extensions). The admindaemon does not use JMX, only the groupware does.
        SIEVE is a mail filter language that is optional for an IMAP server such as Cyrus, Courier, Dovecot. Postfix is a mail server, it does not manage the mailbox and is not able to execute SIEVE scripts. Please take a look at your IMAP servers documentation how to enable SIEVE functionality.

Greetings

Comment

after using SUN Java 1.6 as default JVM everything works fine.

my smtp is qmail and IMAP-/POP3-Server is Courier-IMAP. i don't find a how-to to enable SIEVE, is SIEVE easy to enable?

an additional error ist

Fehlermeldung: No connection available to access mailbox (IMAP-2001, 485306393-51)
          but everything works ... i think ... what can i do

regards
          Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2009, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Hi,

like i said, it depends on courier if it is possible to use sieve or not. I only use dovecot and cyrus but don't use courier so i can't help you here. Just search the web or ask some people at the mailing lists. If you don't need sieve - just uninstall the open-xchange-mailfilter plugin and the error message will go away.

Greetings

Comment

thanks, i uninstall the open-xchange-mailfilter plugin and every thing works fine.

now, i want to install OXtender for Business Mobility like http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...allation_Guide

now i need a licence, or not?

OX-6-SE-26
              Additional Named User for Open-Xchange Server Edition One year Maintenance subscription (including licenses for OXtenders for Microsoft Outlook, OXtender for Mac OS X and OXtender for Mobile Web) for one (1) additional Named User. Univention UCS Bundle a pre-requisite.
              is that the right licence? i need only one Outlook Connector and one for my mobile phone via roadsync.

regards

Comment

Hi,

the OXtender for Business Mobility is in closed beta right now, we aim to offer it at the end of September 09.

Greetings

Comment

September 09 is right now

is there any other way to sync my simbian mobile phone?

OXtender for Business Mobility needs no licence?

regards

Comment

Hi,

i said at the *end* of September which is approx 30 days from now The OXtender for Business Mobility will require a commercial license. There are more or less reliable solutions for Symbian available (e.g. Funambol) but you should wait and see how activesync works with ox. imho its the best mobile integration available.

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
                      Hi,

the OXtender for Business Mobility is in closed beta right now, we aim to offer it at the end of September 09.

Greetings
                      Hi, is the final "OXtender for Business Mobility"-version released? I want to connect with my samsung handy and Symbian 3, to my server to sync my data.

Are Outlook Connector available for the Community-Edtion?

regards

Comment

Hi,

yes it has been released as a final version. Please contact sales for more information:

They may also answer your questions regarding the Outlook OXtender.

Greetings

Comment

Hi,

is there no free way to sync my mobile phone?

we are two user on a OX-Version: 6.10.0 Rev6 (2009-07-21 19:42:33) - Server and we want to sync our symbian mobile phones.

how can i do this?

regards

Comment

Working...
                          X