Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .wav file attachments - Unable to download attachment

Hi Forum.

While trying to clarify a lot of OpenXchange related questions this weekend I would like to ask about my .wav file attachment problem. I'm using a software based answering machine. That software is capable of sending voice messages left to an eMail address if desired.

I'm receiving the messages and they show up in the OpenXchange web gui and they also contain the little paper clip signaling an attachment but I can't download the attachments. The message body contains the following content:

Code:
    --= Multipart Boundary 0905091050
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Phoner AB:  <cut-out-the-calling-phone number> on <cut-out my-phone number>

--= Multipart Boundary 0905091050
    Content-Type: application/octet-stream;
            name="200909050000.wav"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
    Content-Disposition: attachment;
            filename="200909050000.wav"

UklGRpYhAABXQVZFZm10IB4AAA
    <!-- Cut out the rest of the attachment data to not blow up the thread -->
    --= Multipart Boundary 0905091050--
    In case I'm using Thunderbird to access my mailbox using the IMAP protocol everything's fine and I'm able to download the attachments and listen to them.

Is there any configuration option available that allows me to enable the OpenXchange web GUI to offer a file download of this kind of attachment as well?

So long

Henning

Hi,

i guess this does not require an extra configuration option It's an issue of the server component that handles E-Mail. Could you open a bug report and attach an E-Mail which causes this issue as .eml? Since most bugs are public you might want to remove confidential information.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Martin.

I've filed a bug report regarding the issue:

So long

Hening

Comment

Hi OpenXchange Team!

Wow - you guys are fast! Filed the bug report on Sunday and it got fixed
        on the following Monday at 4:40 pm - That's awesome!

The QA mail said it's fixed in the 6.13 Head/snapshot branch - Any chance that this fix will find it's way into 6.12? If not can you give me an idea at what point in time 6.13 becomes the stable branch for Debian Lenny?

Take care

Henning

Comment

Hi Henning,

backports are generally possible but only on very severe cases and/or if the requester is eligible to get a prioritized backport, e.g. through a support contract. 6.13 is the development branch towards 6.14 which has no fixed release date yet. We aim to have 2-3 month release cycles.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
          X