Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian packages broken?

Dear all,
    Sorry to be a nuissance but I think the debian packages are severely broken ( or my debian).
    I had a few posts in the last days that describe various difficulties. After a removal of the /opt/open-xchange folder a completley new install using the wiki method breaks because oxfunctions.sh is missing. I replaced that with the one I found in the tar archives and continue installation.

Everything works fine until:

Code:
    /opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerserver -n oxserver -A oxadminmaster -P admin_master_password
    That gives the following message:
    Code:
    server could not be registered:
    Error: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
            java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    Investigation leads to admin and groupware daemons not running.
    I am running Sun Java 1.5 or 1.6, no difference.

The open-xchange-osgi.log file reveals:

Code:
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: com.openexchange.authentication; version="0.0.0"
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:305)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:350)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1118)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:634)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:282)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:468)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:195)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:297)

!ENTRY com.openexchange.caching 4 0 2009-10-02 02:28:43.502
    !MESSAGE
    !STACK 0
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: com.openexchange.config; version="0.0.0"
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:305)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:350)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1118)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:634)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:282)
            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:468)
    This is just a snapshot, the list is much longer. That seems to me a lot of packages are missing?
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks to all and sorry again for the new thread

Michael

Hi,

please provide a list of all installed packages and the repository you have used.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      Hi,

please provide a list of all installed packages and the repository you have used.

Thanks
      Hi,

packages installed:

Code:
      Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
      | Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
      |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
      ||/ Name                                     Version                       Description
      +++-========================================-=============================-=============================================
      ii  open-xchange                             6.12.0.0-5                    Open-Xchange server scripts and configuration
      ii  open-xchange-activation                  1.1.1-11                      Bundled version of the Java Activation Framew
      ii  open-xchange-admin                       6.12.0.0-5                    Open Xchange Admin Daemon containing commandl
      ii  open-xchange-admin-client                6.12.0.0-5                    The Open Xchange Admin Daemon RMI client libr
      ii  open-xchange-admin-doc                   6.12.0.0-5                    Documentation for the Open Xchange RMI client
      un  open-xchange-admin-docs-he               <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-admin-lib                   6.12.0.0-5                    The Open Xchange Admin Daemon Bundle client l
      un  open-xchange-admin-plugin-context-light  <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting        6.12.0.0-4                    Open Xchange Admin Hosting Plugin
      ii  open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting-client 6.12.0.0-4                    The Open Xchange Admin Hosting RMI client lib
      ii  open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting-doc    6.12.0.0-4                    Documentation for the Open Xchange RMI client
      ii  open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting-lib    6.12.0.0-4                    The Open Xchange Admin Hosting Bundle client
      un  open-xchange-authentication              <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-authentication-database     6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Database Authentication
      un  open-xchange-authentication-ldap         <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-cache                       6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Server Caching Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-calendar                    6.12.0.0-4                    Calendar Module
      ii  open-xchange-charset                     6.12.0.0-4                    charset bundle
      ii  open-xchange-common                      6.12.0.0-4                    jar files and OSGi bundles commonly used by a
      un  open-xchange-config                      <none>                        (no description available)
      un  open-xchange-config-hosting              <none>                        (no description available)
      un  open-xchange-config-standard             <none>                        (no description available)
      un  open-xchange-configjump                  <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-configjump-generic          6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange generic ConfigJump
      ii  open-xchange-configjump-generic-gui      6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange generic ConfigJump GUI compo
      ii  open-xchange-configread                  6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Server Config Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-contactcollector            6.12.0.0-4                    The contact collector collects eMail addresse
      ii  open-xchange-control                     6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Server Control Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-conversion                  6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Conversion Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-conversion-engine           6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Conversion Engine Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-conversion-servlet          6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Conversion Servlet
      ii  open-xchange-crypto                      6.12.0.0-4                    Provides cryptography services to bundles in
      ii  open-xchange-data-conversion-ical4j      6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange data conversion iCal4j imple
      ii  open-xchange-dataretention               6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Server Data Retention Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-dataretention-csv           6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Data Retention CSV Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-easylogin                   6.12.0.0-4                    Open-Xchange Easylogin
      ii  open-xchange-genconf                     6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Server Generic Configuration
      ii  open-xchange-genconf-mysql               6.12.0.0-4                    Stores a set of generic options in the mysql
      ii  open-xchange-global                      6.12.0.0-4                    global bundle
      ii  open-xchange-group-managerequest         6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Server Group Management Requ
      ii  open-xchange-gui                         6.12.0.0-4                    Package containing the AJAX gui
      ii  open-xchange-i18n                        6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange i18n Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-imap                        6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Server IMAP Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-jcharset                    1.3.0-49                      jcharset bundle
      un  open-xchange-libs                        <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-mailfilter                  6.12.0.0-4                    Open Xchange Mailfilter Plugin
      un  open-xchange-mailstore                   <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-management                  6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Management Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-monitoring                  6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Monitoring Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-online-help-de              6.12.0.0-3                    Package containing german OX online help
      ii  open-xchange-online-help-en              6.12.0.0-3                    Package containing english OX online help
      ii  open-xchange-online-help-fr              6.12.0.0-3                    Package containing french OX online help
      un  open-xchange-online-help-he-de           <none>                        (no description available)
      un  open-xchange-online-help-he-en           <none>                        (no description available)
      un  open-xchange-online-help-he-fr           <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-passwordchange-database     6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Password Change Database Bun
      ii  open-xchange-passwordchange-servlet      6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Password Change Servlet
      ii  open-xchange-pop3                        6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Server POP3 Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-publish                     6.12.0.0-4                    Interfaces defining the OX publication API
      ii  open-xchange-publish-basic               6.12.0.0-4                    Basic OSGi based implementation of the public
      ii  open-xchange-publish-infostore-online    6.12.0.0-4                    Publishes a single infostore document externa
      ii  open-xchange-publish-json                6.12.0.0-4                    HTTP-API Interface implementation for publica
      ii  open-xchange-publish-microformats        6.12.0.0-4                    Publishes a set of objects in OXMF externally
      ii  open-xchange-push-udp                    6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Server Push UDP Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-resource-managerequest      6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Server Resource Manage Reque
      ii  open-xchange-server                      6.12.0.0-5                    The Open-Xchange Server Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-sessiond                    6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Server Session Daemon
      ii  open-xchange-settings-extensions         6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Settings Extensions
      ii  open-xchange-smtp                        6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Server SMTP Bundle
      un  open-xchange-spamhandler                 <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-spamhandler-default         6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Default Spam Handler
      un  open-xchange-spamhandler-spamassassin    <none>                        (no description available)
      un  open-xchange-spellcheck                  <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-sql                         6.12.0.0-4                    SQL Builder API
      ii  open-xchange-subscribe                   6.12.0.0-4                    Basic OSGi based implementation of the subscr
      ii  open-xchange-subscribe-crawler           6.12.0.0-4                    Subscribe Crawler feeds
      ii  open-xchange-subscribe-json              6.12.0.0-4                    HTTP-API Interface implementation for subscri
      un  open-xchange-subscribe-linkedin          <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-subscribe-microformats      6.12.0.0-4                    Subscribe Microformat feeds
      un  open-xchange-subscribe-xing              <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-templating                  6.12.0.0-4                    Provides access to the templating subsystem
      un  open-xchange-themes                      <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-timer                       6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Timer Bundle
      ii  open-xchange-unifiedinbox                6.12.0.0-4                    The Open-Xchange Server Unified INBOX Bundle
      un  open-xchange-xerces                      <none>                        (no description available)
      un  open-xchange-xerces-ibm                  <none>                        (no description available)
      ii  open-xchange-xerces-sun                  6.12.0.0-4                    Xerces Compat for Sun Java
      ii  open-xchange-xml                         6.12.0.0-4                    XML Services
      For the repository, this is my sources.list entry:

Code:
      deb http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6/stable/DebianLenny/ /
      Thanks for the reply.
      Cheers

Michael

Comment

Hi,
        just yesterday I did a fresh install of the debian packages on a fresh installed debian.

At first: Did you create the openexchange db-user in mysql? The installation manual is pretty quiet about this. You have to have this user in advance of creating anything in mysql, otherwise the installation failes:

Code:
        create user 'openexchange'@'localhost' identified by '<pw>';
        grant all privileges on *.* to 'openexchange'@'localhost' with grant option;
        You said that you already had an installation of ox on this machine and deleted the directory, than reinstalled the packages.

In general you should not remove the packges, instead you should purge them ( via "_" in dselect instead of "-"). This not only removes the packages but also their configuration files.

Then after removal you should drop the two existing mysql databases: configdb and oxtabase_*.

Then, when there are no ox packages installed any more, delete /opt/open-xchange. Normally it should already be non-existant.

I checked your packages against mine. There are some minor differences:

Not installed on your side:
        -open-xchange-admin-soap
        -open-xchange-axis2
        -open-xchange-commons-logging-log4j
        -open-xchange-lang
        -open-xchange-log4j
        -open-xchange-passwordchange-script

Guess you should reinstall these packages manually. Make sure the java processes for the admin and the groupware server are killed.

Then double check your firewall settings. Especially the groupware server needs some ports for communication. Take a look at my thread http://www.open-xchange.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3908.

Yt,

Gunnar

Comment

The guide tells that the MySQL root user must not have a password in order to let the installer do its work. You should assign a strong password for MySQL root, but while running the installation you should drop it. If you're not willing to drop the password for the installation, you'll need to create a user like Gunnar said.

Comment

The guide tells that the MySQL root user must not have a password in order to let the installer do its work. You should assign a strong password for MySQL root, but while running the installation you should drop it. If you're not willing to drop the password for the installation, you'll need to create a user like Gunnar said.
            Thanks for the replies
            I did not have a root password in mysql. That was all ok.
            Now I have used -- purge to remove the packages first. My old install was from the sources according to :

Updated to the new lenny stable and that really broke the install.
            I will try and install the packages that are missing according to gunnar ( btw thank you very much for the detailed answer) and drop the database ( that is something I have not done)
            I also have got new hardisks for the raid and to create a fresh lenny installation. If the worst comes to the worst I will have to reinstall everything. Main problem being the mailserver and integrating ldap , which I am dreading..... Also the transfer of all this mail...

Thanks for all the help,

Cheers

Michael
            Last edited by mcs; 10-04-2009, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Managed to run the wiki to the end. However, I still get 503 error when logging in. The admin and groupware daemons are running, but there are no logfiles from admin and groupware daemon????

Postfix cannot find the ox created database (open-xchange-db, according to the old wiki file) although I have created the database with
              Code:
              /opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerdatabase -A oxadminmaster -P admin_master_password \
              -n open-xchange-db -p db_password -m true
              in mysql I can find the database open-xchange-db_6, so it should be there?
              However postfix gives me:

warning: connect to mysql server 127.0.0.1: Unknown database 'open-xchange-db'

I am getting quite desperate, any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Michael

Comment

Hi,

the _6 is just a increment of a unique id used at the database. Please don _not_ use the old installation guide, it's heavily outdated and won't work in combination with the current packages. Mixing old code and new packages might cause very bad results.

Comment

Hi,

the _6 is just a increment of a unique id used at the database. Please don _not_ use the old installation guide, it's heavily outdated and won't work in combination with the current packages. Mixing old code and new packages might cause very bad results.
                  Thank you for the reply. I thought the _6 is just an increment, thus the connection should really work????
                  I am not using the old guide, I am referring to it only because the mailserver etc was integrated with ox using the old guide.
                  Do you mean the integration with postfix, cyrus etc does not work anymore either???

I just wanted to update ox with packages, which was a bad decision since now all is broken
                  Any idea why I have got no logs and postfix cannot read the mysql database?

Thanks again

Mcs

Comment

Sadly i can't help you with the postfix thing, it's quite possible that the database schema has been changed in the meantime and the old postfix configuration won't work anymore. Plus, we use SHA1 as password hash now, iirc the old guide used crypt().
                    Concerning the logs, have you installed open-xchange-log4j? In this case the logging will be sent to syslog instead to the ox log file. You can either configure syslog to accept udp logging or uninstall the log4j bundle.
                    For syslog configuration see: http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind..._Configuration

Greetings

Comment

Sadly i can't help you with the postfix thing, it's quite possible that the database schema has been changed in the meantime and the old postfix configuration won't work anymore. Plus, we use SHA1 as password hash now, iirc the old guide used crypt().
                      Concerning the logs, have you installed open-xchange-log4j? In this case the logging will be sent to syslog instead to the ox log file. You can either configure syslog to accept udp logging or uninstall the log4j bundle.
                      For syslog configuration see: http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind..._Configuration

Greetings
                      OOPS, that is a bit of a problem. Is there any modern guide how to integrate postfix and cyrus with the new ox? maybe I can integrated that way.

Thank you very much

Cheers

Michael

Comment

Working...
                      X