Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook and Business Mobile

Dear OX community,

I am new to this product, and I wonder..

Does the oxtender for business mobility works on the community edition of OX?
    Does the community edition come with mapi connectivity, so that my users can use Outlook?

Thanks a million for your answers

Cheers
    /Thomas

Hi Thomas,

technically the OXtender for Business Mobility works with the Community Edition. As far as i know there is no plan to offer this plugin for the Community Edition. It's a commercial addon which is only supported with a commercial server installation. Please contact our sales team for more information.
    MAPI is a client side interface to access Outlook. The OXtender for Microsoft Outlook uses the extended MAPI to communicate with the local Outlook installation. On the Server<->Client side the OXtender uses a WebDAV/XML protocol which is available on every OX installation (can be optionally disabled for users/contexts). So this is not a question about the server side but about getting a license for the OXtender for Microsoft Outlook. I'd also want to encourage you to contact the sales team about this topic.

Greetings

Comment

Hi Martin and others,

I did not get this.. so I'll try once more:

Can I download, install and use the Business Mobility OXtender on the community edition of OpenXchange free of charge?

My clients have Outlook installed. Can I use these clients with the OpenXchange community edition (full MAPI and not only imap/pop3)?

The background for my questions, is that my client is considering OX. They are currently running Kerio. They are currently not interested in the commercial version of OX. However, if they can use the community edition with the two requirements above, they may be moving to the commercial edition in the future.

Cheers
      /Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by thomasmathiesen View Post
        Can I download, install and use the Business Mobility OXtender on the community edition of OpenXchange free of charge?
        No, that is not possible.

Originally posted by thomasmathiesen View Post
        My clients have Outlook installed. Can I use these clients with the OpenXchange community edition (full MAPI and not only imap/pop3)?
        Okay, i misunderstood the initial question. MAPI is not only mail but also groupware data. The OXtender for Microsoft Outlook only uses MAPI for tasks/appointments/contacts but not for E-Mail.

Greetings

Comment

Hi Martin,

That was clear, thanks

I see that Funabol have a openxchange plugin (https://www.forge.funambol.org/downl...mentation.html). It seems to require the "hosting" edition of OX, but that's the community edition, right?

Cheers
          /Thomas

Comment

All OX Editions have the same technical foundation, so this plugin also works with the community edition. Since Funambol made this plugin, it could happen that it won't work well with further OX releases if they don't update it or implement API enhancements. Supported plugins like the OXtender for Business Mobility come with a commitment to work with any future release.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
            X