Homepage | Products | OX Knowledge Base | Support | Try Now | Contact | Company
OX Logo
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    gaggaman Guest

    Default user logon case sensitive

    As I did not get any reaction, neither here nor from support, please let me repost this question in english. Maybe somebody has seen something similar recently.

    I have upgraded an Installation from OX 6.8.1 to 6.12.0 rev4 and now there is a problem: Since the upgrade the username field for logon is case sensitive. If the user is first.name, I can login with first.name but not with First.Name. If I try to login with capitals I get the error message "User First.Name does not exist in context 1".

    This is more than nasty as autocomplete in firefox will always complete my name with capitals as I initially typed it with capitals.

    I am using ImapAuth. Imap Authentication is going well even if I use capitals. I checked with tcpdump and saw the "Login ok". After that, I get the error message complaining about the non-existing user.

    Is there any way to get rid of this behaviour?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Carsten Hoeger is offline Open-Xchange Professional Services
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    703

    Default

    The case intensiveness got lost due to a necessary change into the database, see

    http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6....12-Rev3.1.pdf

    [...]

    Change #114

    Bug #14178 “User management broken when using non ASCII chars in user
    names” required the following change: The login name of the user must
    be distinguished in the database to resolve login names User and
    Üser. Therefore the collation must be changed to utf8_bin because the
    current collation returns true if User and Üser are matched.
    COLLATION is changed from utf8_unicode_ci to utf8_bin on column uid of
    table login2user. This is done by a database update task. Additionally
    the update task is registered in the updatetasks.cfg configuration
    file.

    [...]
    OXpedia.org - the answer to almost all questions.

  3. #3
    gaggaman Guest

    Default

    So to get back the old behavior we'd simply have to change back the collation in the database?

    It is nearly impossible to get First.Name out of the form/password autocompleter in Firefox once it is in there, so we might rather stay with the User/Üser Bug than to fight down stubborn Firefoxes. As we are using ImapAuth, this will chuck out any "Üsers" anyway.

  4. #4
    Carsten Hoeger is offline Open-Xchange Professional Services
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    703

    Default

    I'd say: Never touch the OX database!

    The forms in firefox can easily be cleared using Tools/Clear Private Data (or pressing Ctrl+Shift+Del, which opens the popup to select what to clear).
    OXpedia.org - the answer to almost all questions.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    253

    Default

    A useful trick I learned recently myself:
    If you want to remove an autocomplete entry from Firefox, select it with the arrow keys or by hovering the mouse (don't click!) and press Shift+Del.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •