Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• configdb not created during installation

Dear All,

I am for the first time installing open exchange in ubuntu 8.10. I have downloaded all the packages and installed them according to the installer script available
    on http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind..._configuration

While going through the script I found that I need to register my server on configdb database. I saw in mysql that no configdb database was automatically created. So I created it using phpmyadmin in mysql but when i issued the below mentioned command

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/initconfigdb --configdb-pass=db_password -i

it returned

the database configdb exists, use the -i switch if you want to automatically delete it

So I tried to register the server on configdb database using the following command

sudo /opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerserver -n oxserver -A oxadminmaster -P admin_master_password

it returned

server could not be registered:
    Server response:
    com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorEx ception: SELECT command denied to user 'openexchange'@'localhost' for table 'server'

I am little confused between different understanding on creating databases, creating users and assigning privileges to users

The help to rectify my problems and solve my confusion will highly be appreciated
Working...
X