Option(s) "contextid" missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option(s) "contextid" missing

I followed the instructions for the installation on the wiki and when I get to the part where I am to add a user I get the following error:

The instructions do not appear to have this option. I'm not really sure what the context id is in.. uhh.. the context of open xchange

Originally posted by narmer65 View Post
    I followed the instructions for the installation on the wiki and when I get to the part where I am to add a user I get the following error:

The instructions do not appear to have this option. I'm not really sure what the context id is in.. uhh.. the context of open xchange
    Sorry for the inconvenience, we had to remove the default context id of "1" and make it mandatory to provide the contextid.
    I just updated the documentation.
    Just add "-c 1" to all existing commandlinetools.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by narmer65 View Post
      I'm not really sure what the context id is in.. uhh.. the context of open xchange
      well, a context is something like an instance of the userspace. This means, several isolated environments for different groups of users are existing.

Example:
      user1 at context1
      user2 at context1
      user3 at context1

user1 at context2
      user2 at context2
      user3 at context2

What we have here, are two contexts that hold three users each. user1 from context1 has access to groupware data inside context1. For example, he is able to share folders or invite participants that are member of context1.
      But he is not able to do this with members of context2. Context2 does not exist for him, not for mailing, not for groupware data. This enables the groupware to provide real multi-domain and multi-tenant ability.
      This leads to the possibility to create hundreds or thousands of contexts within one server application and provide the groupware service to different users within the different contexts without violating their privacy.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the response. That's a very powerful feature, especially for ISP and ASP's.

Comment

Hello,

Please, can you tell me what the différences between multi-domain and multi-tenant.

can we tell that one context= one domaine ?

thank's

Comment

Hi,

a domain is something related to E-Mail when talking about it in a groupware environment. For example, you have joe@foobar.to and doe@example.com. To use mail for both domain on the same mail system, it requires a multi-domain setup of the Mail Server (SMTP). Multi-Domain is a E-Mail thing.

However, OX is no mail server but an mail client. It can handle different E-Mail accounts, E-Mail domains for users. Multi-tenant means, that you can run multiple user environments on the same server. For example when hosting OX, you install one OX server but sell separate environments to your customers. This helps with sever density and resource saving. Within those tenants, you can use several E-mail addresses form different E-Mail Domains.
            Last edited by Martin Heiland; 12-08-2010, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X