No announcement yet.

VMWare Image with debian/Etch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. But there are some differences between linux and windows hosts. Thats why I ask you.
    But I have now a working windows config, just the ethernet problem is still there.

Comment

Ok guys,

I got the ethernet device working on a Windows host with VMWare Player 1.0

That's what I've done
      edit hyperion.vmx
      Code:
      ethernet0.connectionType = "nat"
      ethernet0.vnet = "/dev/vmnet1"
      remove the VM tools
      Code:
      update-rc.d -f vmware-tools remove
      determine the ethernet interface
      Code:
      ifconfig -a | grep eth
      edit the network setup /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/init.d/info and replace eth0 with the NIC you find in the command above.

now reboot
      :-)

Comment

It works !!!

Thanks a lot for your great work, neo!
        Open-Xchange - Community Edition User

Comment

That also did the trick here.
          Now need to figure how to get OX to only return english messages in the web gui.

Comment

I downloaded this image and here i have the same problem. Every new window like new appointment or email or contact is in english and the rest of the gui is german.
            The bug is posted here: http://www.open-xchange.org/bugzilla...ug.cgi?id=6340

Comment

Hey guys,

have a look at the installation WIKI for a working mail setup with postfix. :-)

Comment

Here is a new update script for the current VM.
                Attached Files

Comment

Preparing new VM

Hello, what is your opinion about the VM?
                  Should I install X and Firefox and fire it up at startup?

Or should it be as small as possible?

Current status :
                  • Build: 06.04.2007
                  • Mail-Setup: working
                  • Domain: example.com

Comment

Great Neo!! - Why don't you keep two versions? Slim - Full

Finally got this vmware appliance working!!
                    Looks really GOOD! At least gives us a reason to stick with OX :-)
                    For clarity's sake I'd mark some posting threads obsolete or outdated, as they are indeed very confusing, to say the least.

The Infostore and stuff reminds me of O3SPACES...
                    I really hope document integration with Open Office will do what O3Spaces does!

Is OXtender for this version downloadable somewhere?

Congrats & Keep up the good work!!

Erwin

Comment

Hi,

first of all, thanks Neo for that great work, the VM looks really nice

Originally posted by Lexje View Post
                      Is OXtender for this version downloadable somewhere?
                      If you mean the OXtender for Microsoft Outlook - no, there is no Version available for OX CE. As this is proprietary software there is also no source code available to the public.

Comment

Thank you Martin,

Will it be available to OX Partners on the Partner portal?

Erwin

Comment

Hum, for this you may ask the support. Currently there is "only" the Hosting Edition of Hyperion on the market. There is an Outlook Connector available for this Edition and it will be available for upcoming Editions, too. But please ask you contact at OX for this and a timeframe when it will be available for partners.

mfg

Comment

AS you decided, the next version of the VM with debian etch will be available with firefox at startup :-)

I'll use icewm as a window manager because it is very fast, flexible and I know how to configure it

FYI: debian 4.0 (aka etch) is available now so it is based on a stable distribution of debian. Lenny is the next testing one

Comment

I was grinding my teeth on an hyperion install on Ubuntu Feisty Fawn when I found this tread. So I downloaded the torrent mentioned in the first post and VMware Workstation 6beta and it starts and works just fine. But it seems to be the first version and I can't find the newer ones, actualy I have no clue how to find a torrent at all, and the build mentioned in the wikki is AWOL.

Can anybody point me to another version?

Anyways, I have now a running OX where I can try to find out what my system is lacking, thanks a bundle for that!

Comment

Originally posted by neo View Post
                                AS you decided, the next version of the VM with debian etch will be available with firefox at startup :-)
                                When will the next version be released?

The link to the previous version you posted at the beginning of this thread is unfortunately no longer available...

Comment

Working...
                                X