Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors to access mailbox

Hello Martin,
    My old problem was fixed and OX server run quite ok. But sometime it gives me some errors about IMAP Mail :

Error: Error in low level connection to sieve server (MAIL_FILTER-0014, -1046765913-6)

Error: No connection available to access mailbox (IMAP-2001, -1046765913-80)

Error: Messaging error: Connection dropped by server?

Unable to establish a connection to the E-Mail server. Possible reasons: the mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. To prevent further errors the module has been disabled. Please contact your administrator
    - Everything's ok in WEBMAIL (receive mail, delete, move...)

Should i do something in file "/opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/imap.properties" to fix these errors?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

please post the whole stacktraces of those error messages.The first message occurs when the IMAP backend does not support the SIEVE mail filtering language. You could either confgure SIEVE support at the IMAP server or uninstall the open-xchange-mailfilter addon.
    Is the e-mail server an external one? Looks like there are network issues.

Greetings

Comment

Is the e-mail server an external one? Looks like there are network issues.
      Yes, i use an external e-mail server!!

Comment

Hi, Martin.

i've got the same problem. When i click on e-mail icon, i've got this message:

Unable to establish a connection to the E-Mail server. Possible reasons: the mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. To prevent further errors the module has been disabled. Please contact your administrator.
        What can I do in this situation?

Comment

Please check out the OX log files - they might contain more detailed information.

Comment

logs in attache.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

thank for the logs. The only issue i can see at the groupware logs is that the oxadmin user has no mail account configured. This is intended since this user should not be used for ordinary groupware actions. Are you experiencing this issues when logging in as oxadmin or also with other users?

Thanks

Comment

i've got this issues when logging in as testuser too.

Comment

And this does not leave any entry at the log file?

Comment

i decide to show you last log files where i log in as "testuser" and "test".
                    i did not change its.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Okay thanks!

obviously the user is configured to use an imap/smtp server at localhost (127.0.0.1) but these services are not running there. See:

SEVERE: MSG-1016 Category=5 Message=Connection was refused or timed out while attempting to connect to remote server 127.0.0.1 for user test. exceptionID=434047519-224
                      MSG-1016 Category=5 Message=Connection was refused or timed out while attempting to connect to remote server 127.0.0.1 for user test. exceptionID=434047519-224

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Comment

Tell me please, what instruction or article necessary for me to read to adjust external imap&smtp service for ox?
                        or if i want to setup postfix+dovecot on localhost, what config in ox i have to change?

Comment

Sorry, i won't explain a dovecot+postfix setup, there are plenty of guides out there.

The ox-side can be configured like this:
                          /opt/open-xchange/sbin/changeuser -c 1 -u mbraun -A oxadmin -P secret --imapserver 10.20.30.211 --smtpserver 10.20.30.211 --imaplogin mbraun

This will use 10.20.30.211 as IMAP and SMTP server with the login name "mbraun" and the password you type at the ox login. You can enter other IP addresses or host names as well.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
                          X