open xchange to funambol connectivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open xchange to funambol connectivity

I allready installed open xchange 6 server, now I wanted it to connect with funambol server to provide push mail solution for my busness. appriciate some one can help me on this ?

using funambol 7 and open xchange 6

I followed this URL(http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...uide_for_RHEL5) to install open-xchange on RHEL 5(redhat 5). How can I check and verify open-xchange email server up and running.

Am not sure whether I did was wrong or right, what I did was logged in with testuser create by the URL and try access the email Icon at that time I unable to connect with email server message. Any advice!

Comment

Hi,

Open-Xchange Server is not an E-Mail server, its a groupware - so it does not provide any mail server capabilites. You can integrate it to existing E-Mail setups or create a new E-Mail setup around it. Typical E-Mail server software is postfix, you may also want to access the mailbox through IMAP, popular servers are cyrus or dovecot for this task.

Greetings

Comment

my objective is to sync funamboll data to open xchange. Can I do this without configuring email server.

Comment

I don't know how Funambol reacts if no mail module is available, but OX can work without a mail server.

Comment

appreciate if you give me a article for how to connect Open-Xchange with postfix or some other mail server.

Comment

Please check the --extendedoptions of the "create/changeuser" command line tool. It offers --imapserver, --smtpserver and --imaplogin for each user. These values and the users OX password will be send to the specified server to authenticate and load the primary mailbox for this OX user.

Comment

Working...
              X