No announcement yet.

Can I use OpenXchange as email server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use OpenXchange as email server?

I've never used openXchange before, and I'd like to know, can I use OpenXchange as IMAP Server?

Actually I'm creating a mail application project with James as mail server, but it doesn't support IMAP protocol, so can I integrate openxchange with James to have a support for IMAP protocol? Is it possible?

Open-Xchange is neither an IMAP nor an SMTP server.
    Open-Xchange integrates with existing IMAP/SMTP servers.

Comment

Building the perfect mailserver...

Originally posted by Skywalker19 View Post
      I've never used openXchange before, and I'd like to know, can I use OpenXchange as IMAP Server?

Actually I'm creating a mail application project with James as mail server, but it doesn't support IMAP protocol, so can I integrate openxchange with James to have a support for IMAP protocol? Is it possible?
      Hello Skywalker!

I try install a complete OpenXchange suite integrating postfix+cyrus+openldap .. + openxchange in a single OpenSuse (like a Zimbra or Kolab suites), and I like use too a IMAP/IMAPS client directly with OutlookExpress or Thuntherbird.

I find this guide http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...gration-SLES11 and I install and configure a opensuse with openldap+postfix+cyrus, but I can't use directly the imap/imaps, and the oxldapsync not runs.

Possibily the problem are in a openldap... in a encription method ...?

Look this guide, and if you find the way tell me how!

Comment

the correct link

The correct link .... Integrate Open-Xchange Server 6 with SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11

Comment

Working...
        X