Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX Business Mobility

Hi,

I bought and successfully installed the Business Mobility for OX but I have some strange behaviour with it:

1. IPhone --> WORKS PERFECT, except that sometimes the PUSH is delayed up to 10 minutes

2. NOKIA --> WORKS PERFECT

3. SONY ERRICCSON with 3rd party software --> WORKS PERFECT

nut

4. WINDOWS MOBILE:
    Syncin works perfect, but it does not download or show attachments AND if you click in a partially downloaded MESSAGE: DOWNLOAD THE MISSING PART it is NOT Downloading it. So I have no chance to download the rest of the message. I tried allready with 2 different phones, and also with the Microsoft WinMobile emulator with both winmobile 6.0 and 6.1 and I have always the same problem.

Thanks for your help,

brgds

Lukasz
    company | private

Please read the section five (Known Issues) of the Release Notes.
    Last edited by Markus Wagner; 11-12-2009, 07:24 PM.
    Markus Wagner
    Open-Xchange Quality Assurance

Comment

The release notes document is also accessible for everybody:

Comment

Thx, changed my link!
        Markus Wagner
        Open-Xchange Quality Assurance

Comment

Thank you for the fast answer! So I realize that Mail Attachments do not work on Win Mobile - but they work perfectly on all the other devices.

What about the issue with downloading the missing part of the message. Is this also related to the issue with the attachments? I haven't found information about this in the document,

thank you

brgds

Lukasz
          company | private

Comment

Ok, I tested and tested over and over again,

could you please be so kind and just confirm if this is coorect, so that I know if it is a feature or a bug?

1. IPhone
            EVERYTHING works! Only when I confirm a calendar entry is hwos double in the IPhone calendar

2. Nokia
            EVERYTHING WORKS

3. WINDWOS Me:
            All works, ecept:
            HTML MESSAGES
            DOWNLOADING THE MISSING PART of the MESSAGE
            ATTACHMENTS

thank you

brgds

Lukasz
            company | private

Comment

Hi,

attachments generally don't work right now. The iPhone is able to parse attachments which its native applications can use, but thats not a real attachment function. We're looking forward to solve this with an upcoming release. The confirmation stuff is a known issue at the iPhone.
              Could you provide a E-Mail which causes the troubles regarding HTML Mails and downloading of missing parts? What WinMob version do you use?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                With the iphone I can also read and forward attachments...so that works!

With win Mobile.....wiht all versions....i checked with a 6.0 phone that does not work - with no email! then i did check with the downlaodable win mobile virtual machines from micrsooft, which are at the moment 6.1 - no matter how i did configure the system it never works! i can not download missing parts of the message nor can i read html messages,

brgds

Lukasz
                company | private

Comment

so i was quite busy testing the last days

IPHONE: EVERYTHING WORKS

NOKIA: EVERYTHING WORKS EXCEPT ATTACHMENTS

WINMOBILE: EVERYTHING WORKS EXCEPT ATTACHMENTS AND DOWNLOADING THE REMEAINING PART OF THE EMAIL

So, I am ok with the features for iPhone and Nokia - but what about WinMobile.
                  I haven't found any info about this in the release papers and it is a bug, isn't it?

brgds

Lukasz
                  company | private

Comment

Hi,

as i said - attachments are not yet supported and we're working on it. The iPhone does some client-side magic to get *some* but not all attachments. In fact only files the iPhone can display.
                    What about the "remaining message" stuff? Can you give an example how to reproduce it? Does it depend on a special client setting?

Thanks

Comment

So I have to thank Apple for this feature !

Concerning the Win Mobile: No matter what Win Mobile Version, No matter if it is a mobile or the emulator, the function "download the missing part of the message" does not work!

wbrgds

Lukasz
                      company | private

Comment

Okay we're gonna check it. Most likely this is a side effect of not supporting attachments but we'll figure that out.
                        What error message do you get in detail on the device?

Thanks!
                        Last edited by Martin Heiland; 11-27-2009, 10:45 AM.

Comment

We can reproduce the issue, thanks for reporting! As a workaround you can set the "maximum downloadsize" at activesync e-mail properties to a higher value.
                          Last edited by Martin Heiland; 11-27-2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

The issue has been fixed and will be available with OX 6.14

Greetings

Comment

GREAT!

That's why I use this product - perfect response and fast help!
                              What is the release date of 6.14?

Thank you very much,

wbrgds

Lukasz
                              company | private

Comment

Working...
                              X