Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem connecting to IMAP

Hello.
    I'm new to the forum and to OX. I've done some search without success, so I post the problem here.
    I've done an OX Community installation (Version: 6.12.0 Rev7) in a Red Hat Entreprise Linux 5. I followed the steps described in the documentation and all went smoothly with some minor changes. I'm able to log in with the test user created like the doc says.
    I have created another user in order to test some functionality using the createuser command line utility. The creation process was ok and I can log in with this user too. But the problem cames with the email configuration. I've test all possible combinations in the Configuration->E-mail->Accounts window, and I always get the same error:

Connection failed! Please check your settings: Error: Missing the following request parameter: password (SVL-0002, -1890845812-13)

I have changed the mail settings in the mail.properties file with the same results, but it is supposed that with the passwordSource=user, mailServerSource=user and transportServerSource=user, the settings are loaded from the user configuration.
    I don't know what to do. Here is the log output (I changed it to ALL in order to get more info):

Nov 17, 2009 2:19:43 PM com.openexchange.mailaccount.servlet.MailAccountSe rvlet doPut
    SEVERE: SVL-0002 Category=8 Message=Missing the following request parameter: password exceptionID=-1890845812-9
    SVL-0002 Category=8 Message=Missing the following request parameter: password exceptionID=-1890845812-9
    at com.openexchange.mailaccount.servlet.request.MailA ccountRequest.actionValidate(MailAccountRequest.ja va:312)
    at com.openexchange.mailaccount.servlet.request.MailA ccountRequest.action(MailAccountRequest.java:154)
    at com.openexchange.mailaccount.servlet.MailAccountSe rvlet.doPut(MailAccountServlet.java:171)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:619)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.AJAXServlet.service(AJAXServ let.java:365)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.SessionServlet.service(Sessi onServlet.java:159)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.PermissionServlet.service(Pe rmissionServlet.java:66)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:689)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerIm pl.doServletService(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java: 433)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv 13Request.java:128)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerIm pl.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:28 6)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13ConnectionImpl.c reateResponse(AJPv13ConnectionImpl.java:189)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13Task.run(AJPv13T ask.java:281)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.cal l(Executors.java:441)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:303)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:138)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run Task(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Caused by: SVL-0002 Category=8 Message=Missing the following request parameter: password exceptionID=-1890845812-8
    at com.openexchange.mailaccount.servlet.request.MailA ccountRequest.checkNeededFields(MailAccountRequest .java:650)
    at com.openexchange.mailaccount.servlet.request.MailA ccountRequest.actionValidate(MailAccountRequest.ja va:300)
    ... 18 more

Is this a known problem?. Am I doing something wrong?.
    Please, ask for more details if needed.

Thank you.

Hi,

the stuff at "Configuration->E-mail->Accounts" is independent from the stuff configured as mail.properties. Are user interface and server the same version, browsercache cleared after a update? Have you entered a password when creating an additional E-Mail account?

Greetings
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 11-17-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Hi again,

mmmm, not sure I understand everything you say.
      This is the command I used to create the user:

createuser -c 1 -A oxadmin -P admin_pass -u user1 -d "User One" -g User -s One -p user_pass -e user@myorg.com --imaplogin user1 --imapserver imap.myorg.com --smtpserver smtp.myorg.com

where:
      - user1 (used in -u and --imaplogin) is the username used to log in the OX system and is the username of the imap server.
      - user_pass is the user password. I've tried using the same password than used in the imap server and a different one. I always can log in the OX system without any problem.
      - user@myorg.com is the main mail account for that user.
      - and the imap server and smtp server are the servers used when you configure a normal mail account in a mail client for example.

I have used "createuser --extendedoptions" to see if is there any other option needed, but I don't find any suitable.

Once I enter de OX system using that user credentials, in the "Configuration->E-mail->Accounts" section appears all data specified in the command in the corresponding fields. No password appears (logically), so I have to complete the password fields and change other configuration. I save and check the connection, but it never works.
      It's evident that I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

I suppose that the server and interface are the same version. I installed all at the same time. How I check that?.

What do you mean with <<the stuff at "Configuration->E-mail->Accounts" is independent from the stuff configured as mail.properties>>?. I thought that if some of the parameters from that file are set to "user", the mail account config is taken from the user mail configuration, but if you change them to "global", then other parameter values from mail.properties are used (like mailServer and transportServer).

It is clear that I have some basic concepts wrong. Is there any documentation that explains all these stuff?. The doc I'm using is the OX6 installation and administration, and I've read some other documents, but all of them focused in how to do certain actions, none of them talking about how OX works and the basic concepts (for instance, I've created a context without knowing what exactly it means in OX).

Thanks for your attention and patience.

Greetings.

Comment

Hi,

okay i think i understand the problem now. The E-Mail account the server administrator has configured while creating the user cannot be changed by the user since he/she has no proper permissions and there is no way to grant them. The dialog is only for adding and modifying additional accounts. With 6.14 the interface has been enhanced so that the user cannot type anything there. IIRC the concepts of contexts should be explained within our whitepapers or administrator documentation. If not, please open a bug report at https://bugs.open-xchange.com/

Please check this guide http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6...ovisioning.pdf Chapter 1.1 is about contexts.

Thanks
        Last edited by Martin Heiland; 11-18-2009, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X