oxinstaller failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

it's incredible. I've installed with Ubuntu, setup services imap, sasl and mysql. Oxinstaller pass without any error reports. OK, I do exactly the same with Etch and result is: failed.
    Ubuntu is a debian derivate and there should be no difference. In that issue I suspect postfix in a chrooted environment and SASL-Cyrus sockets. These are there in /var/spool/postfix... it stays the same sh*t: it fails as result.

I wish I could understand this...

Comment

Ubuntu is as equal to Debian as Volvo is equal to Porsche (Volvo owners - no offense ).
      I mean it is a distribution that uses the dpkg package management system and takes many packages from debian sources, but in the end it is a different system. SuSE also uses rpm and is not the same like RedHat. Even if Ubuntu is often titled as a Debian-clone, all packages are maintained by other people than the debian packages.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
        Ubuntu is as equal to Debian as Volvo is equal to Porsche (Volvo owners - no offense ).
        I mean it is a distribution that uses the dpkg package management system and takes many packages from debian sources, but in the end it is a different system. SuSE also uses rpm and is not the same like RedHat. Even if Ubuntu is often titled as a Debian-clone, all packages are maintained by other people than the debian packages.
        LOL. There're differences between Ubuntu and Debian as well. I think more this way he did copy'n'paste with with configfiles imapd.conf and forgot:
        that installment in wiki is okay for Ubuntu but you need to do more different setups.
        ghosters suspects 2 missing sockets for postfix. Postfix will be configured AFTER oxinstaller. That's not the cause then. SASL is the one.
        The path to postfix chroot should be there "-c -m /var/spool/bla/blub/"

As mentioned, you have done a socket for SASL, SASL works fine. You need to do exactly the name and make sure mail:sasl owns that socket.
        User 'mail' and user 'user' should belong to one group as well.

After this oxinstaller should find the real way for authentification. I wrote this out of my mind, preferr OX5 yet and may a change to OX6 is planed till end of year.

HTH

Comment

i have problem

see this:

servidor3:/home/administrador# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller --oxdb-pass=servi75 --admin-pass=servi75 --maildomain servimail -f

initializing database (step 1/2)
          done
          Configuring services
          setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
          setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
          setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
          setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
          setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
          setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
          setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
          setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
          setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
          setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
          setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
          setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
          setting CREATE_HOMEDIRECTORY in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
          setting SetupLink in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/system.properties
          (Re)Starting Admin Daemon
          Error:
          Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
          java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

admindaemon startup still in progress, waiting...
          Error:

Error:

as I can solve this problem ... please helpmeeee.

Comment

Hello,

the first problem has been solved now. Oxinstaller pass installation at Etch now. The solution was that simple - I could kick in a*s myself.

should be mentioned in wiki. I'll test again later with fresh OX6 installment.

adduser postfix sasl
            adduser mail postfix
            After this oxadmin has been created without any error messages. There's just a small prob left with Postfix. Will be fixed today I hope.

@Martin Braun
            you have PM.

@xiao

Are you running either openVZ or Xen and another mail server with same mail domain?
            I do and got exactly the same messages.
            I have stopped that VE for a moment, an error was the result but no refused connection to localhost/domain anymore

Comment

@xiao

Are you running either openVZ or Xen and another mail server with same mail domain?
              I do and got exactly the same messages.
              I have stopped that VE for a moment, an error was the result but no refused connection to localhost/domain anymore
              Not really. You either have a script for port-forwarding in /etc/network/if-up.d/... in case you install ox by onxinstaller, you can't forward port 25 to VE1 AND VE2. That's why connection is refused then, without a doubt by understandable reasons
              Except of course you have more than only one IP and different IPs.
              I never ever install Xen with Bridged network, NAT makes sense for peoples like me who are thinking very pervert about security

I think more this way there went something wrong with setup of one service.

Comment

that he is ve1 and ve2

and another small thing my operating system is Debian4
                Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2007, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xiao View Post
                  that he is ve1 and ve2

and another small thing my operating system is Debian4
                  Really hope you understand what I meant.
                  You should shut down that VE with running mail server and make sure every mail+imap request will be forwarded to OX6 server. Everything else makes no sense it seems.
                  Try again with oxinstaller and let us know error outputs in case it fails again.

Comment

already find the problem, and is:

in Debian4 hsql settles by defect (as data base for java) then when it tried to make the connection, were connected were to this data base and not to mysql, the solution is simple to clear hsql and were ready…

Comment

Hi xiao,

I can read what your wrote but not understand what you meant...

What problem have you fixed and what file did you change?

Comment

the error was this

servidor3:/home/administrador# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller --oxdb-pass=servi75 --admin-pass=servi75 --maildomain servimail -f

initializing database (step 1/2)
                        done
                        Configuring services
                        setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
                        setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
                        setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
                        setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
                        setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
                        setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
                        setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
                        setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
                        setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
                        setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
                        setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
                        setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
                        setting CREATE_HOMEDIRECTORY in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
                        setting SetupLink in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/system.properties
                        (Re)Starting Admin Daemon
                        Error:

Error:

and the solution:

and the solution so that it was possible to be connected to java was to clear hsql (apt-get remove hsql)that it interfered with between java and mysql; because when towards the connection towards validating against hsql and against mysql ..... this he is not single for debian4.

excuse my English badly
                        Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2007, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Ahhh I see. I havn't had this error yet but maybe a reason for someone else who have authentification probs during login to groupware/cyrus.
                          I remember following, one installment was that kind of stubborn and every try to login has been denied. Reinstalled groupware at least and everything was fine, exactly the same config, same packages... hmmmm... maybe caused by hsql?
                          Why it works now and with next installment people experience troubles with? I wish I could understand this...

That idea with hsql wasn't in my mind and maybe a way to solve that prob as well. Thanks for hint anyway.
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2007, 07:10 PM.

Comment

im getting the same error, but dont have hsql installed.. this however does point me in some other direction. i was going to give up but will grind it some more..

Comment

I was wondering about "hsql" issue. Got the same error a few weeks ago, have checked mysql-java connector (version 3.1.14 renamed to 3.1.13).
                              The old version seems to be still there at home page. In case you tried the same, get version 3.1.13 and this should solve all probs however.

If you have found another solution, please post it here

Comment

i downloaded original mysql-connector-java-3.1.13-bin.jar and rebuilt the admin. no joy ...

Comment

Working...
                                X