Error when running oxldapsync for first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when running oxldapsync for first time

We are in the process of installing OX6 and having a little trouble with the 'Install and configure OX LDAP Sync' section of the Open-Xchange-Integration-SLES11 document.

When running oxldapsync for the first time, we get:

/root/Downloads# /opt/oxldapsync/sbin/oxldapsync.pl -c 1 -f /opt/oxldapsync/etc/ldapsync.conf -A oxadmin -P admin_password
    Error on bind: : No password, did you mean noauth or anonymous ? at /opt/oxldapsync/sbin/../lib/OX/LDAPConnector/ldap.pm line 29, <DATA> line 465.

Do you know what could be wrong?

I am following these guides to the letter, including the standard passwords, with the intention of changing them later:

Everything else in the above guides has gone smoothly.

As far as I am aware I am using all the very latest available packages (inc. open-xchange-6.14.0.0-5_5.1)

I did have open-xchange-authentication-database installed, but I removed that and installed open-xchange-authentication-ldap but still the same result.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

I install this configuration with this documents:
    -one back-end server with openldap+postfix+cryus imap
    -one OX server with oxldapsync

It works, but not completely fine (I have a small problem with new ldap users related in a thread, but I can work properly).

I do something diferent that this documents because in first time it doesn't works:

1) I install the open-xchange-authentication-ldap package (the open-xchange-authentication-imap package related in the original document is uninstalled automatically).

2) I edit the ldapauth.properties and I put my ldap information: server, DN, ..., else it can't syncronize

3) restart the services (if you can, reboot....)

and then it works fine.

Then, be carefully of the sasl_mech_auth of your cyrus server, it must forced to PLAIN LOGIN, else the sieve filter of the OX don't works

I think that it is all!, now I not stay in my office and I not have my red-book, if you need, tomorow I can post the complete files...

lucky!

Joan

Comment

Originally posted by joan-open View Post
      I think that it is all!, now I not stay in my office and I not have my red-book, if you need, tomorow I can post the complete files...
      That would be useful, thanks.

I have two servers to hand, but we really want to implement high-availability clustering with OX6.

Comment

Working...
      X