Company wide addressbook in public folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company wide addressbook in public folder

We created a company wide addressbook in the public folder and gave certain users the following rights:
    Administrator=no
    folders=all
    reading=all
    modifying=all
    Delete=all

Now, when preparing a new e-mail and writing the name of an addresse, which is registered in the global addressbook, OX6 doesn't find the address, although it is included in the addressbook. Only when opening the "to"-button and searching the name in the addressbook manually, it will proceed.

The window "search receiver" is set with "search all adressbooks".
    Is there anything we can change to automize this search?
    Can the search also be modified to search for "company" instead of "person"?

Any comment is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

the option "search all adressbooks" will also search public contact folders. The search does only include the contacts name so far.
    Due to performance reasons, the "autocomplete" search does only search the personal contact folders and the global addressbook. We already have use cases to make the search sources configurable by the user, however these are currently not on our roadmap.

Greetings

Comment

Hi,
      Thanx for the info. I would then prefer to have the access to the global addressbook, but I haven't found a way to "copy" or "transfer" the contacts from my "global" company addressbook into the standard global addressbook.

Is there anything you can recommend?

Kind Regards

Comment

Well, you could copy the contacts from the global address book somewhere else, but that means they won't be updated...

Comment

You probably misunderstood my comment:
          The addressbook we created under "global" was intended to be copied to the OX global addressbook. However, OX doesn't allow me to copy into the addressbook, although all settings are on "Administrator" for me.

Comment

Ah okay, now it becomes clear. The OX global address book contains system users, it's not ment to be used for general contact storage. You can create a lot of other contact folders below the "public folders" entry. And put additional contacts there.

Comment

Yes, this option to create other addressbooks under the public folders in known. However, now we are coming back to square one again:

a) the contacts under such a public folder cannot be updated resp. the users cannot create new contacts in there, although we have given the "right" to do so (rights = all).
              b) these contacts do not appear when you write a new e-mail automatically, but you have to open the search box and type in again and search manually
              c) you cannot search for company names, but only for receivers names

All of this is very uncomfortable in usage and I haven't found a way to get around it.

Just yesterday the OX-support informed me that OX6 - for the time being - does not support auto-search in a public folder and cannot search for companies.

Comment

Working...
              X