Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from Himalaya to Hyperion

Hello,
    I'm actually working in a department where I've to install a groupware and we chose OX but, as Hyperion is too unstable to be installed at the moment we want to install Himalaya and then, later on, maybe upgrade to Hyperion. Would it be possible to do so without losing all informations? I mean we've got to still have mails, calendars, projects.... everything.

Another question : I didn't see any projects module in Hyperion, has it been dropped or is it just only not developed at the moment? (It's a must-have for us).

Also, one of our requirements is to be totally independant from any vendor, so, if we ever wanted to drop OX (hope we won't ) after using it, would it be possible for us to easily save mails, calendars,... As far as I know, everything is saved using open standards, so that should be possible but I really need to be sure of this.

Thanks,

Benjamin.

Hi Benjamin,

Hyperion is more a new generation of open-xchange software, for now - there is no migration path available from Hymalia to Hyperion. But as far as i know the plans, there will be one in the future. What do you mean with "too unstable", is this related to the CVS Version or Open-Xchange Express Edition?
    The CVS is only the bleeding-edge and should not be used in productive use for now - but if you want to have the latest and greatest features or want to support development it's the way to go
    Projects are not implemented right now.

Hymalia for example uses postgresql for all groupware data where Hyperion uses mysql and a completely different internal structure. Both ways of storing data are open standards and a migration will be doable, at least for groupware objects - E-Mails are saved to IMAP Folders which are independent from the groupware.
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 07-04-2007, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Regarding "unstable" I followed the installation guide from the wiki so I downloaded from CVS (and that thrill me to put this in production...)
      The problem is that the express-edition is not free to use, right? We need to use only free software...

Is there any roadmap for projects?

Comment

Unfortunately, there is no roadmap for projects right now.

Well, Open-Xchange Express Edition uses the same sources as the CVS Version. It will not be "free as free beer" but sources are available. The CVS Version is constantly changed, which many community members were missing at Hymalia, but this also causes that this source is not tested by the QA Department and checked for complex issues that only occur in combinations.

Comment

Well, anyway, I'm trying to compile Himalaya and I'm having a hard time during make...

Code:
          Making all in javabuild
          make[1]: Entering directory `/home/benjamin/open-xchange-0.8.6-5/javabuild'
          /usr/local/ant/bin/ant -f ../build.xml
          Buildfile: ../build.xml

init:

compilewebdav:
              [javac] Compiling 2 source files to /home/benjamin/open-xchange-0.8.6-5/build
              [javac] Charset conversion error at offset 3257: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character

[javac] Found 1 semantic error compiling "/home/benjamin/open-xchange-0.8.6-5/src/com/openexchange/groupware/MDT.java":

[javac]    132.                                 m = new CalendarSearchDelete();
              [javac]                                                 ^------------------^
              [javac] *** Semantic Error: Type "CalendarSearchDelete" was not found.
              [javac] Charset conversion error at offset 3257: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character

[javac] Found 1 lexical error in "/home/benjamin/open-xchange-0.8.6-5/src/com/openexchange/groupware/CalendarSearchDelete.java":

[javac]    110.                                 nothing = "Sie haben keinen Termin zum L
              [javac]                                                   ^----------------------------^
              [javac] *** Lexical Error: String constant not properly terminated.

[javac] Found 6 syntax errors in "/home/benjamin/open-xchange-0.8.6-5/src/com/openexchange/groupware/CalendarSearchDelete.java":Charset conversion error at offset 3257: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character

[javac]    110.                                 nothing = "Sie haben keinen Termin zum L
              [javac]                                         ^--------------------------------------^
              [javac] *** Syntax Error: ";" inserted to complete Statement

[javac]                                 <--------------------------------
              [javac]    109.                         if(no.getLanguage().equals("DE"))
              [javac]         ----------------------------------------------------------------------->
              [javac] *** Syntax Error: "else Statement" inserted to complete BlockStatement

[javac]                                                              <
              [javac]    107.                 if(no.name.equals("nothingSelected")){
              [javac]    . . .
              [javac]         ----------------------------------------------------------------------->
              [javac] *** Syntax Error: "}" inserted to complete Statement

[javac]                         <-------------------------------------
              [javac]    107.                 if(no.name.equals("nothingSelected")){
              [javac]    . . .
              [javac] *** Syntax Error: "else Statement" inserted to complete BlockStatement

[javac]                                                               <
              [javac]    105.         public void onAfterNASGetObject(nasObject no) {
              [javac]    . . .
              [javac] *** Syntax Error: "}" inserted to complete MethodBody

[javac]                                                             <
              [javac]     18. public class CalendarSearchDelete extends Management{
              [javac]    . . .
              [javac] *** Syntax Error: "}" inserted to complete ClassBody
          make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/benjamin/open-xchange-0.8.6-5/javabuild'
          I really can't find what the problem is :/

Comment

Hi folks,

is there now any migration path / tool / script / tutorial for himalaya->hyperion?! where having that problem right now.

Comment

up ...............

Comment

We're currently developing a migration toolset with our partners, but there is no ETA yet.

Comment

Working...
                X