Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ActiveSync - Delay of PUSH Mails

hello,

i am a new OX HE user and testing mobility features of OX. i configured my account on my pocketPC (HTC) with activeSync. everything works fine, but push-mail option delivers mails with a delay of 1 to 10 minutes.

does anybody know how to improve this?

regards,
    andi

Hi Andi,

this might be related to the device. The iPhone for example does not keep a connection open all time to save battery power. It's "push delay" varies depending on the network connection (wlan, gprs...) and the signal strength. You might also check if the E-Mail backend is push-capable, if it's plain IMAP we offer the "malpoll" plugin which checks for new E-Mail on a specified interval.

Greetings

Comment

hm... with the same device, i did use allready push-service together with ms exchange server and i did never notice such delay. but you are right, my 3G-connection is not the best here, i will check from some other places.

what do you mean with 'the E-Mail backend is push-capable'?
      my situation is qmail-server > OX HE > activeSync > mobile device.
      should i probabely advice OX somewhere to check qmail-server of new mails more often? if yes, where can i do that?

regards an merry X-mas to everybody,
      andi

Comment

Originally posted by hostfactory.ch View Post
        what do you mean with 'the E-Mail backend is push-capable'?
        Well there are E-Mail storages that send triggers to an external application when a E-Mail arrives. Typical IMAP Server don't have this mechanisms. Thats not the same like IMAP idle where the socket is used all the time.

Originally posted by hostfactory.ch View Post
        my situation is qmail-server > OX HE > activeSync > mobile device.
        should i probabely advice OX somewhere to check qmail-server of new mails more often? if yes, where can i do that?
        This is done by the open-xchange-malpoll bundle which has a configured interval to check for new E-Mail. You can set it to a very low interval get some really fast push experience but that will also stress your IMAP server.

Greetings

Comment

hi,
          thank you for posting.

we'll check 'qmail-trigger-malpoll' on our systems and check 'push-delay' after again.

while testing, i opened OX-webmail interface, i checked mails in outlook over IMAP (OXtender Outlook istalled) and i got the messages using activeSync on my HTC pocket PC. if i deleted some mails eg. in outlook (IMAP), i often got synchro errors in activeSync and i had to delete the server-settings in activeSynce completly to remove the error. after new setup, error was gone.

edit:
          i just tried again. if i delete some messages on my pocketPC, i get an error as follows (translated from german):

result:
          synchronisation could not be finished; repeat the action.
          error code: 0x80820001

to resolve, i must remove connection and setup server in activeSync anew.
          any idea, why this happens?

regards,
          andi
          Last edited by Guest; 12-24-2009, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X