Homepage | Products | OX Knowledge Base | Support | Try Now | Contact | Company
OX Logo
    Blacky_IS Guest

Default Task reminders pop up even if delayed to a later date

We found, that a task with reminder, which was delayed (e.g.: one week later), will pop up in reminder function, as soon as the user will log-in again, even if he log's in the next day.

Is there something wrong with our general settings or is this a bug?

Any idea is highly welcome.

Hi,

could you please describe the parameters of this task in detail?

Thanks!

Blacky_IS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Braun View Post
    Hi,

could you please describe the parameters of this task in detail?

Thanks!
    To make things easier I took a screen shot attached to this info. When the reminder pops-up I would give a delay by 3 days. When I leave OX and come back a few minutes later, the reminder pops-up again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ah okay, thanks a lot - i was able to reproduce it. Gonna check the cause and open a bug for it.

Those popup reminders don't actually change anything at the task settings. The popup disappears for the time selected, but that timer is started at the user interface only. Of course nobody stays logged in a week and this concept is questionable, but technically it is not a bug.

Blacky_IS Guest

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Braun View Post
    Those popup reminders don't actually change anything at the task settings. The popup disappears for the time selected, but that timer is started at the user interface only. Of course nobody stays logged in a week and this concept is questionable, but technically it is not a bug.
    Well, thanks for the reply. Honestly, I don't consider it as "questionable". It is simply not ergonomic. If people work heavily with the task manager, it becomes more than nasty to be clicking all the time, latest every morning when you log-in. Why should the user be reminded of some task, if the day before he decided to be able to postpone it by a week.