Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• appreciation problem with shared folders

dear forum,
    i created an account (ACCOUNT1) an gave it full rights (premium). after creating i added calendar-rights for another user (ACCOUNT2) on system.

then i turned --access-edit-public-folder and --access-read-create-shared-Folders to OFF for ACCOUNT1

now, ACCOUNT2 is still able to add entries to ACCOUNT1's calendar.

furthermore ACCOUNT1 cannot delete user-rights for ACCOUNT2 anymore.

best regards
    marco

hello,

we just installed the latest OXHE 6.14 patch, now folder-structure of PIM+ and groupware-user looks much more better. but there is remaining a permissions-issue:

i provide access-combination-name 'all' to user 1 and to user 2.
    i login as user 1 now and allow user 2 to read/write the calendar of user1.
    after, i reduce access-combination-name of user 1 to 'PIM+'.
    user 2 is still able to access user ones calendar, but user 1 cannot manage sharing-permissions anymore.

shouldn't be the sharing-permissions of user 1 taken off, if itself does not have groupeware-permissions anymore? otherwise, user 1 will never be able, to reduce the permissions of user 2 on his calender, anymore.

thank you,
    andi

Comment

Hi Andi,

typically those additional modules are added as "upsell" features. For example, your company offers a basic account for 0,99€ and one with extended features for 3,99€. Typically there is no way "back" after a user has bought extended features.
      When downgrading, we do not alter any folder permissions or objects to maintain data consistency for the user. Imagine if we simply would uninvite all participants from existing appointments...

Greetings

Comment

hi,
        thank you for reply.

well, i understand what you mean. we will sell extended features as well, for sure.

but, if user 1 is downgrading from 'groupeware' to PIM+ - and i 'must' give him such possibility to downgrade, i think.. - however user 2 can still write meetings to user 1's calendar and so on. this is not very clever, isn't it?

regards,
        andi

Comment

The other option would be deleting customer data which is not so nice too. We also thought about those issues for long hours and decided that it would be less painfull to have leftover data/settings rather than removing any data. This cleanup would also have to happen for any of the other 100 access combination features and combinations of those. In short: it cannot be solved in a way it makes anyone happy. However, you're free to contact our professional services or support team for more information.
          Last edited by Martin Heiland; 01-22-2010, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X