Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recurring appointments not syncing

Hi,

Apparently it's impossible to create any kind of "special" recurring appointment and synchronize it between OpenXchange and Thunderbird. For instance:
    Case 1:
    I create a new event in OX: 2009 Friday November 27th from 10am to 11am. Recurrence: last Friday each month.

The event is created correctly in OX (I see it every month) and it gets synchronized with OXtender for Outlook.

But when syncrhonized with OXtender for Thunderbird it doesn't appear in the calendar view and I'm getting the following error on the log:
    Code:
    item test1 converted, try to expand recurring items
    [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8007000e (NS_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY) [calIRecurrenceItem.getOccurrences]"  nsresult: "0x8007000e (NS_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/components/calItemModule.js -> file:///usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/js/calRecurrenceInfo.js :: cRI_calculateDates :: line 528"  data: no]" {file: "file:///usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/components/calItemModule.js -> file:///usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/js/calRecurrenceInfo.js" line: 528}]
    Case 2:
    I create a new event in Thunderbird: 2009 Friday November 27th from 10am to 11am. Recurrence: last Friday each month.

The event gets created in OpenXchange, but the 5th of December and with the following recurrence: On 5. day every 1 month.

After synchronized Thunderbird gets the same (wrong) information from the OX server.

Case 3:
    I create a new event in Open Xchange: 2010 Friday January 29th from 10am to 11am. Recurrence: last Friday each month.

The event gets created in OpenXchange properly.

After synchronized Thunderbird gets the following recurrence: the fifth Friday effective 29/01/10 until 01/01/30. Because not every month has 5 Fridays, the event will not appear every month.

I suppose this is a bug in OXtender for Thunderbird, but I don't know if it's a known one or not. Is there any way to workarround this? Is this going to be fixed soon?

Thanks

Hi,

yes, you're right. This is a bug in the Thunderbird OXtender. I'm going to check what caused this problem and then I'm fixing it as soon as possible.

Do you use Thunderbird 2 or Thunderbird 3?

Best regards,
    Sebastian

Comment

That's great, thanks!

We're using Thunderbird 2. We found few bugs in OXTender for Thunderbird 3 and we decided not to use it for the moment.

Comment

Working...
      X