Cannot add participants if 'access-edit-public-folder' flag is off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot add participants if 'access-edit-public-folder' flag is off

Hi all, while experimenting different user access flags I've noticed a strange behaviour with the 'access-edit-public-folder' flag.

In OXSE 6.14 rev 8, I've created some users with the 'premium' access combination name and all works like expected.
    But if I turn off the 'access-edit-public-folder' flag for a particular user, he cannot add participants (both internals and externals) when creating new appointments/tasks and the 'team' view is also disabled.
    Is this behaviour consistent with the 'access-edit-public-folder' definition?

I would like to prevent users from creating new folders under the 'Public folder', but the 'access-edit-public-folder' flag seems to have some side effects (IMHO, of course )

Hi,

well it might be that this is a bug, but there are millions of possible module combinations. They are not all tested and only the predefined combinations are supported.
    You might open a bug report for this one if you like.

Greetings

Comment

After some testing I can confirm the the 'access-edit-public-folder' flag is responsible for this behaviour (tested also with the default 'pim_plus' access combination).

I've opened a bug report here:
      https://bugs.open-xchange.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15218

Comment

thanks for reporting!

Comment

Hi,
          we also have this problem with the same behaviour, but I couldn't view the bug status.
          Please, could anybody confirm it's a bug and not a misconfiguration?
          any workaround or when this bug will be resolved?

thanks

Comment

Hi,

this was a bug which has been fixed with 6.16.

Greetings

Comment

Hi,
              sorry, but we have the 6.16.1 Rev3 version installed and the behaviour persist. I have reviewed the Release Notes of 6.16.1 Rev8 and also don't appear the bug 15218 like solved.

Thanks

Comment

I opened the bug for public access. You'll find the solution there:

Comment

Hi,
                  If I don't understand wrong, the functionality that a user should
                  be able to add participants and view teams to a task/appointment without the permission of edit the public folders it's not implemented in OX? I don't see the relationship between both permissions/grants.
                  This differentiation could be added in a future? For us is important that a user could use normaly the calendar/task functionalities, but without the grant to edit public folders, because this is restricted to administrators.
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X