X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot get connection to config DB

Hi,

I'm novice on openXchange.

I have to install OpenXchange on Debian Etch later but first of all i'm triying to use this manual with Lenny :

I'm testing on Lenny with Sun'VirtualBox.

I have some problem with OpenXchange configuration.

Next we have to register the local server at the Open-Xchange configdb database:

Code:
    $ /opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerserver -n oxserver -A oxadminmaster -P admin_master_password
    Before i have this:

Code:
    $ /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller --add-license=YOUR-OX-LICENSE-CODE \
    --servername=oxserver --configdb-pass=db_password \
    --master-pass=admin_master_password --ajp-bind-port=localhost
    and i use the --no-license like this --add-license=--no-license.

For my problem, i have this answer:

Code:
    server could not be registered: 
    Server response:
     com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.PoolException: DBP-0001 Category=5 Message=Cannot get connection to config DB. exceptionID=1389646557-6
    I dont understand. Even with g**gle.

Same problems with following steps

Or if i cannot register server then filestore and database, it is because of i have not license and i'm testing with a version for which i need OX-License.

But how do works --no-license?

Best Regards,

Baris

Hi Baris,

this is not a license issue. I suspect that the configdb has not been created correctly - or the admindaemon cannot connect to the database with the configured database user. Please check the log files.

Greetings

Comment

Cannot get connection to config DB

Hi Martin,

Code:
      6 janv. 2010 23:28:28 com.openexchange.admin.storage.sqlStorage.OXAdminPoolDBPool getConnectionForConfigDB
      GRAVE: Error pickup configdb database write connection from pool!
      DBP-0001 Category=5 Message=Cannot get connection to config DB. exceptionID=1389646557-6
              at com.openexchange.database.internal.DBPoolingExceptionFactory.createException(DBPoolingExceptionFactory.java:76)
              at com.openexchange.database.internal.DBPoolingExceptionFactory.createException(DBPoolingExceptionFactory.java:62)
              at com.openexchange.exceptions.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:139)
              at com.openexchange.exceptions.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:159)
              at com.openexchange.database.DBPoolingExceptionCodes.create(DBPoolingExceptionCodes.java:198)
              at com.openexchange.database.internal.ConfigDatabaseServiceImpl.get(ConfigDatabaseServiceImpl.java:103)
              at com.openexchange.database.internal.ConfigDatabaseServiceImpl.getWritable(ConfigDatabaseServiceImpl.java:145)
              at com.openexchange.database.internal.DatabaseServiceImpl.getWritable(DatabaseServiceImpl.java:119)
              at com.openexchange.databaseold.Database.get(Database.java:103)
              at com.openexchange.admin.storage.sqlStorage.OXAdminPoolDBPool.getConnectionForConfigDB(OXAdminPoolDBPool.java:72)
              at com.openexchange.admin.tools.AdminCache.getConnectionForConfigDB(AdminCache.java:360)
              at 

Yep, i think that this is the problem.

Best solution: uninstall and install again?
      Maybe i need some softwares before install Open-Xchange no?

Greetings

Comment

isn't it the right way to use the oxinstaller like this:

Code:
        /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller --no-license --servername=oxserver \
        --configdb-pass=db_password --master-pass=admin_master_password \
        --ajp-bind-port=localhost
        so type "--no-license" instead of "--add-license=--no-license".

For me it works that way
        Viele Grüße
        Rene

JRE: openjdk-8-jre, Maria-DB, Apache 2.4, Dovecot
        OX-Server backend: OXSE latest
        OX-frontend: OX appsuite latest

Comment

Yep,

I delete all ( my lenny ) and re-install all.

I think that some packages missed on my previous lenny and i did a mistake because i entered password for mysql-admin.

But now i have another error:

Code:
          debianlenny:/home/baris# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerserver -n oxserver -A oxadminmaster -P admin_master_password
          [B]server could not be registered: 
          Server response:
           registerServer; nested exception is:
          	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.dataobjects.Server[/B]
          What is that means?

Comment

Hi,

please post the whole stacktrace from the admin logfile.

Thanks

Comment

this file ?

/var/log/open-xchange# vim open-xchange-admin.log.0

Comment

yup, we only need the error which is thrown when executing the command.

Comment

I have these problems more than one time:

Code:
                  12-jan-10 5:26:12  org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.discovery.UDPDiscoveryReceiver waitForMessage
                  SEVERE: Error receving multicast packet
                  java.io.IOException: Appel système interrompu 
                     at gnu.java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(libgcj.so.90)
                     at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(libgcj.so.90)
                     at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.discovery.UDPDiscoveryReceiver.waitForMessage(UDPDiscoveryReceiver.java:162)
                     at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.discovery.UDPDiscoveryReceiver.run(UDPDiscoveryReceiver.java:185)
                     at java.lang.Thread.run(libgcj.so.90)
                  12-jan-10 5:26:12  org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.discovery.UDPDiscoveryReceiver run
                  WARNING: message is null

Code:
                  12-jan-10 5:25:49  com.openexchange.config.internal.ConfigurationImpl processPropertiesFile
                  WARNING: Overwriting property .level from file '/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/file-logging.properties' with property from file '/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/logging.properties', overwriting value 'INFO' with value 'SEVERE'.
                  12-jan-10 5:25:49  com.openexchange.config.internal.ConfigurationImpl processPropertiesFile
                  WARNING: Overwriting property handlers from file '/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/file-logging.properties' with property from file '/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/logging.properties', overwriting value 'java.util.logging.FileHandler' with value 'java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler'.
                  WARNING: Overwriting property org.apache.level from file '/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/file-logging.properties' with property from file '/opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/logging.properties', overwriting value 'WARNING' with value 'SEVERE'.

Comment

Okay,

seems you're running gnu gcj which is incompatible to OX. Please check java -version.

To change the primary java version, use update-alternatives --config java

and select sun or ibm java

Greetings

Comment

Cannot get connection to config DB

Thanks Martin,

Now it works.

Comment

Working...
                      X