Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobility Oxtender and N900

Hi,

Did anynone try to use the SYNC Function with the Nokia N900?
    Is there any trick to make it work?

Thank you for your help

wbrgds

Lukasz
    company | private

Hi Lukasz,

afaik the nokia "sync" application is an SyncML implementation. You need an ActiveSync client like Mail For Exchange to use the mobility oxtender.

Email,Improving Modest email sync reliability,Maemo 5/PR1.1,Maemo Summit 2009,Mail for Exchange,Nokia N900,Open development/Maemo roadmap/Fremantle

Greetings

Comment

Thank you...but the Nokia N900 has the SYNCml as well as an MfE Sync compatible with Exchange 2003 and 2007 - but it is not working yet with the OX Server,

wbrgds

Lukasz
      company | private

Comment

Have you configured MfE? What version is available on the n900? What error is thrown by MfE?

Greetings

Comment

I suppose that there is still a problem at the Nokia developers side.....
          i know that the server is working with my IPhone and other Nokia Phones.

So, configuration:

EMAIL: OK
          USER: OK
          PASS: OK
          DOMÄNE: defaultcontext

SERVER: MYOXSERVERNAME
          PORT: 443
          SECURE: YES

I tried also port 80
          Certs are installed!

then I can choose what to sync.

MfE is trying to establish the first connection and all that happens is:
          "Fehler bei der Kommunikation mit dem Exchange Server"

Taht's it?!

However, help is deeply appreciated

Thank you so far

wbrgds

Lukasz
          company | private

Comment

Hi,

is it possible to access the Open-Xchange Server via the mobile phones browser? Looks like a connection issue. Is there anything at the OX logs?

Greetings

Comment

Yes, access is possible, IMAP and POP is working.
              Which logs should I look at?

THANK YOU!
              company | private

Comment

open-xchange.log.0 when trying to synchronize, also try to access http://server.ox/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

Greetings

Comment

hi, when I try to access the link, i get the 405 METHOD NOT ALLOWED error - so it is accessible, i suppose?

Here are the last lines of the log file you asked for, I tried twice to start the inital sync:
                  Jan 19, 2010 10:11:06 AM com.openexchange.usm.eas.servlet.EASServlet doPost
                  INFO: Invalid request: Missing or duplicate required parameter User
                  Jan 19, 2010 10:11:39 AM com.openexchange.sessiond.impl.SessionHandler clearSession
                  INFO: Session closed. ID: 4b8fa9d356a54c22bcc5dfc97c4e67bb
                  Jan 19, 2010 10:11:48 AM com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13TaskWatcher$Task RunCallable handleExceededTask
                  INFO: Sending KEEP-ALIVE for AJP Listener "AJPListener-0006631"
                  Jan 19, 2010 10:11:48 AM com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13TaskWatcher$Task RunCallable handleExceededTask
                  INFO: Sending KEEP-ALIVE for AJP Listener "AJPListener-0006520"
                  Jan 19, 2010 10:11:48 AM com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13TaskWatcher$Task RunCallable keepAlive
                  INFO: Flushed empty GET-BODY request to socket "/127.0.0.1:45720" to initiate a KEEP-ALIVE poll.
                  Jan 19, 2010 10:11:48 AM com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13TaskWatcher$Task RunCallable keepAlive
                  INFO: Flushed empty GET-BODY request to socket "/127.0.0.1:54877" to initiate a KEEP-ALIVE poll.
                  INFO: Swallowed empty REQUEST-BODY from socket "/127.0.0.1:45720" initiated by former KEEP-ALIVE poll.
                  INFO: Swallowed empty REQUEST-BODY from socket "/127.0.0.1:54877" initiated by former KEEP-ALIVE poll.
                  Jan 19, 2010 10:12:32 AM com.openexchange.usm.eas.servlet.EASServlet doPost
                  Jan 19, 2010 10:12:48 AM com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13TaskWatcher$Task RunCallable handleExceededTask
                  INFO: Sending KEEP-ALIVE for AJP Listener "AJPListener-0006631"
                  Jan 19, 2010 10:12:48 AM com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13TaskWatcher$Task RunCallable keepAlive
                  INFO: Flushed empty GET-BODY request to socket "/127.0.0.1:45720" to initiate a KEEP-ALIVE poll.
                  Jan 19, 2010 10:12:48 AM com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13TaskWatcher$Task RunCallable keepAlive
                  INFO: Swallowed empty REQUEST-BODY from socket "/127.0.0.1:45720" initiated by former KEEP-ALIVE poll.

Thank you,

wbrgds

Lukasz
                  company | private

Comment

Hi,

okay that looks like the device does not send correct data. Either caused by wrong configuration or an implementation flaw.
                    Can you sniff the traffic when trying to synchronize the device? You might want to disable SSL for this.

Greetings

Comment

Hi, I can confirm this, we have the same issue with n900 and business mobility.
                      generally, business mobility works with palm pre and iPhone.

it seems to me too, that the n900 does not send the correct request string, as I can see in the apache logs:

(1)-"OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync HTTP/1.1" 200 - "-" "N900/1.1"
                      (2)-"POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=FolderSync&DeviceId=356938031473011 &DeviceType=SmartPhone HTTP/1.1" 400 237 "-" "N900/1.1"

when i compare the log entries with the log entries of a working device, I see for example the "&User=..." property and much more.

maybe this helps
                      peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

could you post the whole conversation? You should remove passwords or change the encoded password before posting. We're interested in what is going on with the device. Not only the URL parameter but also the authorization headers are important.

Greetings

Comment

Hi Martin,
                          this is the whole conversation between the N900 and OX in the apache-log of OX:

IP-Smartphone - - [25/Jan/2010:09:35:36 +0100] "OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync HTTP/1.1" 200 - "-" "N900/1.1"
                          IP-Smartphone- - [25/Jan/2010:09:35:56 +0100] "OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync HTTP/1.1" 200 - "-" "N900/1.1"
                          IP-Smartphone - - [25/Jan/2010:09:35:58 +0100] "POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=FolderSync&DeviceId=356938031473011 &DeviceType=SmartPhone HTTP/1.1" 400 238 "-" "N900/1.1"

and in the open-xchange.log.0, I can see the following:

Jan 25, 2010 10:01:46 AM com.openexchange.usm.eas.servlet.EASServlet doOptions
                          FINE: HTTP OPTIONS received
                          Jan 25, 2010 10:01:47 AM com.openexchange.usm.eas.servlet.EASServlet doPost

If you like, I can provide you the activesync log from the N900.

If you need further infos, let me know.

regards, peter
                          Last edited by pewi; 01-25-2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Hi,

as far as i can see, that's just an extract of the Apache access.log, i meant the "real" Traffic. You might use tools like wireshark or ngrep to monitor network traffic.

Thanks!

Comment

hi. here is the network-trace of the conversation between n900 and ox,
                              regards
                              peter
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X