No announcement yet.

Mobility Oxtender and N900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting, we found the cause for this issue. Now checking how and when we could solve it. Could you please open a bug report for this?

Thanks!

Comment

thanks,
      peter

Comment

Hi,

Any news about N900/Open-Xchange compatibility ? Is it possible to give read access to the bug report to me ?

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Trash,

we fixed the reported issue with 6.16 which will be released very soon. The problem was, that the N900 client does not send any authentication data as a request parameter but only as auth-basic information. This is not usual for ActiveSync clients. In order to maintain compatibility, we've changed the handling to support such kinds of authentication.

Greetings

Comment

Thank you for your quick answer.

Comment

Any idea about the release date of OX 6.16 (Debian packages) ? Thank you.

Comment

Very soon, i guess this week.

Greetings

Comment

Hi,

I just installed Open-Xchange 6.16 on Debian Lenny. What option do I have to change to fix the synchronisation with the Nokia N900 ?

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

if you update the open-xchange-usm package (= business mobility oxtender) to 6.16 as well, it should work. Otherwise we need to dig deeper in debugging this. Sadly we don't have a N900 for testing right now.

Comment

The open-xchange-usm package doesn't seem to be available ont the Debian Lenny repository, I have a Nokia N900 so I can test. What's wrong ?

Comment

Hi,

the open-xchange-usm packages is commercial software, it can be obtained as an addon product to Server or Appliance Edition.
                        We'll update http://ox.io soon, you might get a evaluation account there and try it. Thanks for the feedback!

Greetings

Comment

Just wanted to ask if this is supposed to be solved now with the latest update? I tried after the update, but it still does not work

thank you

Lukasz

EDIT:

Sorry, but it is a bug: It does not accept all password. I played a bit with it and it was the passsword that it did not accept while communicating with the N900 - but this password works on other devices. Strange!
                          Last edited by lukasz; 05-27-2010, 10:44 PM.
                          company | private

Comment

Hi,

since we do not own a N900, we have fixed the most obvious possible cause with the latest version. Please contact the support for more information about supported devices or possible device support in the future.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Do not understand me wrong: YOU FIXED IT PERFECT. Calendar, Contact, Email Sync works now!!! Even the attachments can be seen, only HTML E-Mails do not work - they are not shown HTML but HTML text - needs some immagination.

But I think that there is a bug in this Version of OX (6.16.1 Rev3) concerning the passwords. I tried on WM6, Nokia N900 as well as on Android. If I use ! or ? or _ in the password, the syncing does not work (but logging in to webmail/outlook does). If I change the password to an unsecure one without this letters, all is ok!

Are there any known Password limitations (length/Special signs etc.) that I should know about or is it a bug?

Thank you

wbrgds

Lukasz
                              company | private

Comment

Hi,

there are no know password limitations regarding OX. If you can login at the webinterface, all components can handle the password. In my opinion, there might be an issue transfering the password to the server. Typically passwords are "encrypted" with base64. You can check what password is transfered by sniffing network traffic and check the auth-basic field at the HTTP headers sent by the device.

Here is a pretty good base64 decoder to make the password readable again:

Greetings

Comment

Working...
                                X