Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden symbol (circle/point) on some Infostore- and Calendar-Items - meaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden symbol (circle/point) on some Infostore- and Calendar-Items - meaning?

With 6.14 a new GUI was introduced. On some Infostore- and Calendar-Items there is a little golden point in the right bottom in front of the Infostore- or Calendar-Symbol.
    I thought it shows that this box is shared to some user. But I have some boxes (Calendar, Infostore) which are shared with other users but there is no golden symbol.
    What does it exactly mean?

Hi,

it actually means that these folders are shared or published.

Greetings

Comment

But do you know why some shared folders (not boxes :-)) do NOT have this sign?

Comment

Well, it would help to get some examples of folders which are not marked. Type, permissions, users...

Thanks

Comment

Now some more information on this issue. In the two screenshots you can see one folder with the symbol and one without. I am the user "Obs....".
          Why is there no golden symbol on the folder "Outlook OXtender"?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

have you crated the "alt" folder but not the "OXtender" folder?

Greetings

Comment

As far as I remember, you are right.
              I created the "alt"-folder, but not the "OXtender"-folder.

I tested this behavior with some other folders and accounts and it seems to be the rule: the golden symbol is only shown on these folders which were created by the user himself.

Do you think this is wise? I dont think so. The symbol should simply show if this folder is shared, shouldnt it? Or should it really show if I was the creator AND the folder is shared?

Addition:
              If the creator has no more rights on the created folder (rights revoked for some reason by another folder-admin), the golden symbol is not shown for anybody else, right? Thats what my tests showed in addition.
              Last edited by christoph-ukk; 01-27-2010, 10:42 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

This behaviour only exists in the Infostore, where there are no separate subtrees for private, public and shared folders.

The icon is supposed to indicate where the user did something which might cause problems (privacy, security etc.) If you didn't crate the folder, then you're also not the one who initially shared it, and in most cases (unless the creator gave you admin rights on the folder) you can't do anything about it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X