Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no connection to the mail server

Hello
    I've got a problem with the installation of open exchange.
    I've followed this tutorial : http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...for_Debian_5.0
    I haven't put any license.
    I think there is any error during the installation.
    But when I log on my OX page, there is a problem : this text is write in red in the bottom of the head case.
    Error: Error in low level connection to sieve server (MAIL_FILTER-0014, -829530790-119)

And if I clic on the button E-Mail (the button in the frame above the calendar, on the left of the little house (start page))
    This message appear :
    The E-Mail module is not available
    Unable to establish a connection to the E-Mail server. Possible reasons: the mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. To prevent further errors the module has been disabled. Please contact your administrator.

Could you help me, because I search, but I didn't find anything !
    Thankyou very much
    Tuxben

Configuration :
    Debian 5 Lenny

Log /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange.log.0
    18 janv. 2010 21:32:26 com.openexchange.sessiond.impl.SessionHandler addSession
    INFO: Session created. ID: 012d41111dbc4a45aa071a53ed46d42c, Context: 1, User: 2
    18 janv. 2010 21:32:26 com.openexchange.ajax.Login doGet
    GRAVE: MSG-0014 Category=10 Message=No mail account exists for admin user in context 1 exceptionID=-829530790-101
    MSG-0014 Category=10 Message=No mail account exists for admin user in context 1 exceptionID=-829530790-101
    at com.openexchange.mail.loginhandler.MailLoginHandle r.handleLogin(MailLoginHandler.java:104)
    at com.openexchange.login.internal.LoginPerformer$1.c all(LoginPerformer.java:262)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:303)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:138)
    at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.runTask(CustomThreadPoolExecuto r.java:735)
    at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.ja va:761)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Caused by: MSG-0014 Category=10 Message=No mail account exists for admin user in context 1 exceptionID=-829530790-100
    at com.openexchange.mail.api.MailAccess.checkAdminLog in(MailAccess.java:642)
    at com.openexchange.mail.api.MailAccess.getInstance(M ailAccess.java:226)
    at com.openexchange.mail.api.MailAccess.getInstance(M ailAccess.java:185)
    at com.openexchange.mail.loginhandler.MailLoginHandle r.handleLogin(MailLoginHandler.java:93)
    ... 6 more

18 janv. 2010 21:48:40 com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.AJAXServlet doGet
    GRAVE: MAIL_FILTER-0014 Category=8 Message=Error in low level connection to sieve server exceptionID=-829530790-140
    MAIL_FILTER-0014 Category=8 Message=Error in low level connection to sieve server exceptionID=-829530790-140
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.Mailfilte rAction.actionConfig(MailfilterAction.java:167)
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.Mailfilte rAction.actionConfig(MailfilterAction.java:97)
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.AbstractA ction.action(AbstractAction.java:79)
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.AJAXServlet.doGet (AJAXServlet.java:191)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:596)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:689)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerIm pl.doServletService(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java: 459)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv 13Request.java:128)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerIm pl.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:30 2)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13ConnectionImpl.c reateResponse(AJPv13ConnectionImpl.java:189)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13Task.call(AJPv13 Task.java:346)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:303)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:138)
    at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.runTask(CustomThreadPoolExecuto r.java:735)
    at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.ja va:761)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl .java:333)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSoc ketImpl.java:195)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.j ava:182)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.j ava:366)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
    at com.openexchange.jsieve.SieveHandler.initializeCon nection(SieveHandler.java:214)
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.Mailfilte rAction.actionConfig(MailfilterAction.java:160)
    ... 15 more

Hi,

there are two issues:

1. You don't have a IMAP or SMTP Server set up
    2. Since you don't have IMAP, there is no SIEVE implementation which could be used for mail filters.

Open-Xchange Server is a groupware, not an E-Mail system. You might want to setup some cyrus/dovecot/postfix services and configure Open-Xchange user accounts to use these services. Otherwise you could configure external IMAP Servers with the account. There is already a lot of documentation and information about this at the forums.

Greetings

Comment

I've reformated my server so there is some news : I've installed and configurated postfix & courier-imap
      I don't think I've got problem of firewall...
      Telnet on smtp & Imap run perfectly.
      But the configuration of postfix isn't really good because I can't connect on my smtp server with thunerdird. But I can send a mail from the console to toto@gmail.com without any problem.

I haven't installed OX yet
      I guess I can install it to test my actual configuration. Isn't it ?

Thank you

Comment

Thank you very much,
        After a lot of test,... every thing work !
        But I still have a problem with my server courier-imap & procmail. Procmail puts the mails in the correct maildir, but with the right droit of uid & gid. So courier-imap can't send it to Open-Xchange
        This is my procmailrc :
        MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
        DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/

:0:
        $DEFAULT
        And this is my /etc/courier/imapd :
        ADDRESS=0
        PORT=143
        MAXDAEMONS=40
        MAXPERIP=20
        PIDFILE=/var/run/courier/imapd.pid
        TCPDOPTS="-nodnslookup -noidentlookup"
        LOGGEROPTS="-name=imapd"
        IMAP_CAPABILITY="IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE"
        IMAP_KEYWORDS=1
        IMAP_ACL=1
        IMAP_CAPABILITY_ORIG="IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-SHA1 AUTH=CRAM-SHA256 IDLE"
        IMAP_PROXY=0
        IMAP_PROXY_FOREIGN=0
        IMAP_IDLE_TIMEOUT=60
        IMAP_MAILBOX_SANITY_CHECK=1
        IMAP_CAPABILITY_TLS="$IMAP_CAPABILITY AUTH=PLAIN"
        IMAP_CAPABILITY_TLS_ORIG="$IMAP_CAPABILITY_ORIG AUTH=PLAIN"
        IMAP_DISABLETHREADSORT=0
        IMAP_CHECK_ALL_FOLDERS=0
        IMAP_OBSOLETE_CLIENT=0
        IMAP_UMASK=022
        IMAP_ULIMITD=65536
        IMAP_USELOCKS=1
        IMAP_SHAREDINDEXFILE=/etc/courier/shared/index
        IMAP_ENHANCEDIDLE=0
        IMAP_TRASHFOLDERNAME=Trash
        IMAP_EMPTYTRASH=Trash:7
        IMAP_MOVE_EXPUNGE_TO_TRASH=0
        SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail
        HEADERFROM=X-IMAP-Sender
        IMAPDSTART=YES
        MAILDIRPATH=Maildir
        If you can help me for this problem, It will be nice.

And I've got an other question, Is it possible to install an other groupware and Open-Xchange on the same server ? I think the answer is yes... But I'm not sure.

Thank You very much
        Greetings
        Tuxben

Comment

The solution is to put the procmailrc file in /home/user/.procmailrc

Comment

Well Mr Martin Braun...... Where is all this documentation you speak of. I have been searching for 2 weeks now. Before breaking down and joining this forum. Well.............................................

Comment

Working...
            X