Recursive subfolder OX object search?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recursive subfolder OX object search?

I see stubs to perform a subfolder search on OX objects but I don't think this is implemented. Is this functionality on the horizon? If so, would it be a recursive subfolder search or just a search on the next level child folders of a given folder? I'm hoping for a recursive search!

TIA.

Hi,

advanced search capabilities are on the top of the requirements list for the next releases as far as i know, the current search is not very nice - you're right. But if we implement a advanced search, it will be really advanced, thats a bet

Greetings
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 07-09-2007, 10:52 PM.

Comment

It's been 5 years. Whatup?

Comment

Even 18 more months later, still no search across folders in webmail.

Comment

I stumbled across the same issue ! Also 2015 no extended search available across mail folders....

Comment

Searching across all mail folders is possible if your IMAP server can provide an "all mail" folder as e.g. Dovecot.
            See /opt/open-xchange/etc/findbasic.properties

One of the reasons why that's not that easy is that the IMAP protocol has nothing to search all folders and I guess OX walking through every folder itself is also not a viable solution.

Comment

Good advise. I will try that later.

In general Iam somehow confused about how searches are performed in OX.
              OX in the first place allowes searching terms in every branch, e.g. Contacts, Filestore etc... I guess these things are searched within the mysql database.
              Referring to your answer, mails are searched by the imap server itself and depends on that softwares capabilities. ?!
              In addition to that I found this article about OX and Solr: (http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?ti...ndexing_Bundle)

Does this mean that without using the AppSuite Indexing Bundle there is no full text search available ? How are searches performed without it (as this works, too) ? and why, according to the guide, solr can be activated for mail only ? Is there no fulltext search available for e.g. pdf files in the filestore ?
              Regarding e-mail, dovecot offers solr support as well, does this offer any advantages for OX when activated?

Besides that I got an "Authentication failed" error during setup of the indexing bundle when registering the corestore with:
              Code:
              /opt/open-xchange/sbin/registercorestore -u file:/var/opt/corestore -c 100 -A oxadmin -P password
              Here it does not matter if I use oxadmin or oxadminmaster, the authentication fails in various moduls and no corestore is registered. Afterwards I got an error logged in the ox log file everytime I perform a search that the solr node was unavailable or all corestores were busy. How to solve that ?

Cheers,
              Ludwig

Comment

Current situation:

- the in-OX indexing is not a finished feature. (I hope the documentation doesn't say so).
                I have no idea if it currently works and if it's expected to fail as you described
                - search in mails is performed either within OX or IMAP protocol depending on some settings in imap.properties and depending on the capabilities of your IMAP server
                - FTS in mails should be possible in any case but the performance depends a lot if and how the imap server implements the search (solr, lucene, ...).
                - if you use solr or any other indexing engine in Dovecot, the "imap search" returns quicker obviously which is the advantage for OX
                - searches for non-mail are performed only on filename and meta data (e.g. description). There is no FTS support for documents at this moment

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Rosenauer View Post
                  Current situation:
                  - the in-OX indexing is not a finished feature. (I hope the documentation doesn't say so).
                  I have no idea if it currently works and if it's expected to fail as you described
                  In fact, the documentation does not say that it is an unfinished feature and seems at the first glance like a description for a proper working feature. At no point there is writting something else.

search in mails is performed either within OX or IMAP protocol depending on some settings in imap.properties and depending on the capabilities of your IMAP server
                  - FTS in mails should be possible in any case but the performance depends a lot if and how the imap server implements the search (solr, lucene, ...).
                  - if you use solr or any other indexing engine in Dovecot, the "imap search" returns quicker obviously which is the advantage for OX
                  - searches for non-mail are performed only on filename and meta data (e.g. description). There is no FTS support for documents at this moment
                  Concluding, this means: The indexing feature currently is for nothing as, regarding mails the search can be done via the imap server using solr and regarding anything else on OX there is no FTS available. Correct ?
                  If yes, I hope that FTS for OXDrive is the first topic on the current todo list for OX development ?
                  Last edited by lw3234; 01-19-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X