Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already a working Ox-Installation, but 1 User can't log in

Hello,

I have an working installation of OX CE running. I can log in, read mails ....

But one User can't log in. He logged in first and changed his Password over the webaccess. But after this, he can't log in anymore.

I changed the password of that user mith the changeuser-command, but a login ist still impossible. I raised the debuglevel in files-logging.properties from INFO to debug, but I don't get any messages about the login-attempt.

Can anybody help me to figure out why?

Regards

Daniel

Ok, logged in as another user, changed the PW over the webaccess, can't log in with this user anymore.
    The clue: The passwords isn't changed. With the old PW I can log in.

Regards
    Daniel
    Last edited by Daniel26; 02-08-2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Hello Daniel,

can you restart the groupware and the admindaemon process, and try again afterwards? If the problem is cache related, then the problem should vanish after a restart.

Regards,

Dennis

Comment

Hmmm, ok. Restartet the whole Machine, same result.

I think, the problem is the ldap-auth-Plugin. I authenticate against a ldap-Server. An with this authentication, it seems that the Password can't be changed over the webaccess.

Is this a Bug? Or a feature?

Regards

Daniel

Comment

The information, that you use another auth module was missing. And this is indeed the source of the problem. The change password functionality can only be used in conjunction with database authentication, because the password will only be changed in the database. So you'll have to change the password in ldap yourself.

Regards,

Dennis

Comment

Sorry for the missing info, but I installed the server some time ago

Hmmm, I think I will get a lot of mails with "I can't change my Password"
            Would be nice if the "change Password"-Function is hidden when using the auth-ldap-Module.

Regards

Daniel

Comment

Hi,

uninstalling these two packages:

open-xchange-passwordchange-database
              open-xchange-passwordchange-servlet

should do the trick.

Regards,

Dennis

Comment

Thanks a lot, the Pasword-change-Button is gone