Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL installation question, RE: user creation,

Hello,

I have a few questions relating to the MySQL user creation step of the Open-Xchange process on an Open-Xchange/CentOS installation, using "Quit Install" guide (which is http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...de_for_CentOS5), and starting at the "Open-Xchange configuration" portion:

1. Do I need to manually create configdb database in MySQL? Is configdb the database (schema) for Open-Xchange?

2. Do I need to manually create the the openexchange, oxadminmaster, and oxadmin users? Should these be granted permissions for the configdb database?

3. Do I need to edit initconfigdb? Do I need to enter the configdb-pass in that file? (I noticed the "password" value in that file was blank).

4. In the line, $ /opt/open-xchange/sbin/initconfigdb --configdb-pass=db_password -a, do I need enter a password for db_password? Do I need to create to manually create the administrator, or will -a accomplish this? (Incidentally, this is the line where I am having difficulty . . .)

5. What does does db_password, in the above referenced line, represent? Is this the password for root in MySQL? The instructions state, "The --configdb-pass option indicates the password of the openexchange database user previously created . . .": What database user?

As a note, I am having difficulties starting with the line, "Now we have to initialize the Open-Xchange configdb database. This can all be done by executing the initconfigdb script," due to the above referenced questions. I am simply unsure of how to proceed, since the instructions are a bit vague to this portion of the installation (and I receive errors whenever I execute the initconfigdb script).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Originally posted by baculus View Post
    1. Do I need to manually create configdb database in MySQL? Is configdb the database (schema) for Open-Xchange?
    No, that is done by the "initconfigdb" script

2. Do I need to manually create the the openexchange, oxadminmaster, and oxadmin users? Should these be granted permissions for the configdb database?
    The only user required at the database is "openexchange". oxadminmaster or oxadmin are users within Open-Xchange Server.

3. Do I need to edit initconfigdb? Do I need to enter the configdb-pass in that file? (I noticed the "password" value in that file was blank).
    No, you just need to remove the mysql "root" password when executing initconfigdb. This script also creates the "openexchange" database user for all further database access.

4. In the line, $ /opt/open-xchange/sbin/initconfigdb --configdb-pass=db_password -a, do I need enter a password for db_password? Do I need to create to manually create the administrator, or will -a accomplish this? (Incidentally, this is the line where I am having difficulty . . .)
    There you define the password of the user "openexchange" which will be created by the initconfigdb script.

5. What does does db_password, in the above referenced line, represent? Is this the password for root in MySQL? The instructions state, "The --configdb-pass option indicates the password of the openexchange database user previously created . . .": What database user?
    db_password ist the password of the MySQL user "openexchange".

Hope that helps,

Comment

Working...
    X