Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I setup multiple domains w/ single login?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I setup multiple domains w/ single login?

Hi

Currently running SLOX 4 and have multiple virtual domains. I.e. user 'bob' can log in, and there are two virtual domains he can send email from. Either he can choose bob@domain1.com or bob@domain2.com when creating/sending an email.

How do I do this withe OXAE? I think I have added the mail domains (logged into Univention Directory Manager --> Mail - Add and added the two domains. But when I log in as 'bob', I can't select these virtual domains as my "from" address.

Help?!

You have to add every email address the user needs to use to each of the users mail addresses in the user management.

Comment

There is no way to say, here is a domain, and add it for all users (like you could do in SLOX 6 years ago)?

Comment

Where exactly do I do this? I am in the directory manager, inside users. I click on a user, and have selected "show the advanced settings" but don't see where you can add extra domains/email addresses.

And where is this documented? I can't find it in the docs either.

Thanks.

Comment

Perhaps I don't have the terminology down. A domain alias might be a better way to describe it.

Comment

I would try it like this:

1. ENTER the Directory Manager

2. Go to USERS

3. CLICK on the USER you want to add an email-address related to the other domain.

4. Go to the TAB "CONTACT"

5. Enter the new Email address in the field: "Alternative E-Mail Addresses"

6. Hit the SMALL "+" sign on the right side - the address will be added

7. Confirm and Safe the changes made

8. Log OFF

9. Log in as USER

10. Now, when composing an email, you can choose the other mail address or set it as standard in the users personal settings

That's it

wbrgds

Lukasz
            ---------------------------------------
            World's best apparel producing comanpy!
            company | private

Comment

Working...
            X