Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sieve not supported warning

hello,

i am able, to hide the 'sieve not supported' warning, after having run './stopbundle com.openexchange.mail.filter'.

but after restart of admin- or groupware-admin, the bundle have been reactivated and the warning appears again.

what can i do, to 'hide' this warning permanent?

regards,
    andi

Hi Andi,

you could uninstall the open-xchange-mailfilter package.

Greetings

Comment

hi,

could help me by providing the correct command to uninstall this single bundle 'com.openexchange.mail.filter' safely?

regards,
      andi

Comment

Hi Andi,

if you're using Debian, this whould be
        Code:
        apt-get remove open-xchange-mailfilter
        After removing, you should restart the Open-Xchange Server service. The user interface and configuration will be altered automatically.

Greetings

Comment

Perhaps you could also just stop that specific bundle:
          /opt/open-xchange/sbin# ./stopbundle com.openexchange.mail.filter

M.A.

Comment

"stopbundle" will not remove the bundle permanently.

Comment

yes,
              'yum remove open-xchange-mailfilter' did the job!

is it correct: without sieve-support there is no way to create filters / rules on OX? eg. i want to move all spam-tagged mails into junkfolder.

regards,
              andi

Comment

Those filters are based on SIEVE. No SIEVE, no mail filtering.

Comment

hi,
                  is there a way to use SIEVE on plesk-servers, using courier imap?

Comment

Well, if that courier installation supports standards compliant SIEVE, that would be possible.

Comment

Hi Guys, am new to O-X and am lovin it already! , After a few tries, I finally got O-X installed on CentOS 5.4. however am havin a similar error and 'stopbundle' doesnt prevent the error after a reboot. So some questions;

My setup is as follows:
                      A CentOS 5.4 LAMP Server, mail server with Postfix, dovecot, clamav, amavisd-new, and spamassassin [all on the same box btw].

1. Do i still need SIEVE to do filtering when am already filtering with spamassassin? in which case i would uninstall open-xchange-mailfilter? or is spamassassin not compatible with O-X kindly advise....

Comment

Hi,

these are two types of filters:

Spamassassin: Detect and mark spam mails
                        SIEVE: "If mail contains "hello joe", put it to folder "INBOX/foobar""

Sieve filters can be used to manage the mailbox, they can be configured by the user. SIEVE is not a Spamfilter. If you don't need it, you might uninstall open-xchange-mailfilter. Spamfiltering is part of the mail system while OX is a groupware.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
                        X