Synchronisation of all contact folders, installation without Lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synchronisation of all contact folders, installation without Lightning

Many thanks for all your hard work on the Oxtender for Thunderbird.

I know that the roadmap has slipped a bit due to issues getting 1.6.0 to release, and wondered if you have an updated estimate of when you will support Synchronisation of all contact folders? I'm looking forward to that, as it will allow me to synchronise both my Collected Addresses and Personal Addressbook between OX and Thunderbird.

One other wishlist item: the ability to install without Lightning, for contact synchronisation only. (I don't know if this would be possible, or whether you rely on components from Lightning.)

Many thanks again - the product is good already, and rapidly getting better!

Hi,

the development for synching all addressbook folders is nearly finished. Currently there are only UI changes nessesary. So I guess a beta version with support for all addressbooks in available in end of April. Currently the development focus is bugfixing and more stability for the calendar.

Your feature request of installing the package without Lightning is really a good idea. Technically it is possible but you are right that currently there are some dependecies for Lightning. Maybe one solution could be a new package something like oxcontact-sync thats based on the same codebase and has only the dependency for Thunderbird.
    I added your request to the bug tracking system so that I will not forget it.

Best regards,
    Sebastian

Comment

Originally posted by sebastiankauss View Post
      the development for synching all addressbook folders is nearly finished. Currently there are only UI changes nessesary.
      Excellent - I suspected that might be the case, since (IIRC) the debug log shows at least the preparatory work for multiple addressbook folders.
      So I guess a beta version with support for all addressbooks in available in end of April. Currently the development focus is bugfixing and more stability for the calendar.
      I'll look forward to it - I completely agree with your current focus, though.
      (And at the moment one of the accounts I want to use it on doesn't have a Collected Addresses folder due to 1and1 not implementing the fix for the bug in OX6.14 that causes it to be unavailable.)
      Your feature request of installing the package without Lightning is really a good idea. Technically it is possible but you are right that currently there are some dependecies for Lightning. Maybe one solution could be a new package something like oxcontact-sync thats based on the same codebase and has only the dependency for Thunderbird.
      I added your request to the bug tracking system so that I will not forget it.
      Thank you, though personally I would have put it as a lower severity than major! Unless it's an 'easy win', I'd say that it was a low priority for most people - after all, most people won't have a problem with installing Lightning, even if they don't use it (especially if you produce a bundled package as shown in the roadmap). I imagine more people (probably including me) would like to see the other things on the roadmap first - and producing two packages is likely to mean more work in development and testing for you.

Comment

Working...
      X