No announcement yet.

Login Failure (Database Authentication)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login Failure (Database Authentication)

Hello to All,

My login user name (e-mail address) and password are being rejected using standard database authentication. I suspect a password format mismatch, but I don't know where to look - I can't find a properties file for database authentication.

I have attached a screen print of the error message along with a list of other diagnostic information.

Any hints or input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
    Attached Files

Hi,

the character @ is a separator for username and context. Where the "user" part is the username and the domain part is used as contact identifier. If you don't have a context named "xchange-xpress.com" the login will fail. Are you sure that the username contains an @? As a workaround you could use user@domain@contextid, e.g. user@xchange-xpress@1 if the context ID is "1". It's generally not advised to use the @ sign at the user name. The context separator can be configured.

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      Hi,

the character @ is a separator for username and context. Where the "user" part is the username and the domain part is used as contact identifier. If you don't have a context named "xchange-xpress.com" the login will fail. Are you sure that the username contains an @? As a workaround you could use user@domain@contextid, e.g. user@xchange-xpress@1 if the context ID is "1". It's generally not advised to use the @ sign at the user name. The context separator can be configured.

Greetings
      Brilliant, Martin!! I renamed the context to domain name "xchange-xpress.com" and the database authentication went smoothly. This is an ideal situation for me: e-mail address looks like user name@context name.

Thanks and Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X