Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about new install

Hello,

My first time here and this could be a dumb question, I want to try OX6 and I did follow the procedure to install OX6 in CentOS 5, it worked fine but I want to know how to integrate or how to configure OX in order to work with the smtp and pop3 server? I have installed sendmail, postfix, dovecot and cyrus in the box.
    I can login the testuser in the webpage but i get the following error:

05-01-2010 06:39 PM-->Error: Invalid sieve credentials (MAIL_FILTER-0002, 2083695948-252)

Log shows me:

May 1, 2010 6:40:30 PM com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.AJAXServlet doGet
    SEVERE: MAIL_FILTER-0002 Category=3 Message=Invalid sieve credentials exceptionID=2083695948-252
    MAIL_FILTER-0002 Category=3 Message=Invalid sieve credentials exceptionID=2083695948-252
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.Mailfilte rAction.actionConfig(MailfilterAction.java:176)
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.Mailfilte rAction.actionConfig(MailfilterAction.java:101)
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.AbstractA ction.action(AbstractAction.java:79)
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.AJAXServlet.doGet (AJAXServlet.java:132)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:596)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:689)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerIm pl.doServletService(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java: 504)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv 13Request.java:129)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerIm pl.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:31 6)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13ConnectionImpl.c reateResponse(AJPv13ConnectionImpl.java:207)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13Task.call(AJPv13 Task.java:346)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:269)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:123)
    at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.runTask(CustomThreadPoolExecuto r.java:737)
    at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.ja va:763)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: com.openexchange.jsieve.exceptions.OXSieveHandlerI nvalidCredentialsException: Authentication failed
    at com.openexchange.jsieve.SieveHandler.initializeCon nection(SieveHandler.java:318)
    at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.Mailfilte rAction.actionConfig(MailfilterAction.java:164)

Any help/suggestion will be appreciated.

I had a similar/same problem. I followed this guide when I installed:

In that guide, it says to create users with:
    $ /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -c 1 -A oxadmin -P admin_password -u testuser \
    -d "Test User" -g Test -s User -p secret -e testuser@example.com \
    --imaplogin testuser --imapserver 127.0.0.1 --smtpserver 127.0.0.1

And so Openxchange used 127.0.0.1 (localhost) as the mail server.

Then look in: /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/mail.properties to see some options that say that OX should also assume that the login and password on that server (localhost in my case) is the same as the OX login name and password. (I don't fully understand the options there, but reading the file helped me realize what the default values meant)

So my solution was to create a user in OX matching the user in the IMAP (in my case cyrus imapd), with the same user name, and password.

Your post was 2 months ago, so hopefully you figured it out by now, but hopefully this helps whoever else runs by this page.

Comment

Working...
    X