No announcement yet.

Why I can't configure account with pop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I can't configure account with pop?

When I configure a mail account with pop, open xchange run this error:

Connection failed! Please check your settings: Error: Connection was refused or timed out while attempting to connect to remote server 127.0.0.1 for user testuser. (MSG-1016, -2029661532-186)

What is this?
    I haven't the user testuser.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2010, 10:57 AM.

Hi,

please describe in detail what you are trying to do and how you do it.

Greetings

Comment

Thanks for answering, I'm trying to configure an account, with IMAP protocol I do it without problems, but with POP3 I can't do it.

In configuration, e-mail, accounts, new for create a new account.I fill the fields, with a gmail account (in gmail configuration pop3 is enabled). And when I click on check connection OX run the error.

Comment

Hi,

have you already tried using the wizard to add accounts? It's much easier.

Using SSL and pop.gmail.com works fine for me with 6.16.1. Please check the server and user settings on that page.

Greetings

Comment

Hi again

which wizard??

Comment

Help button -> Wizard at the GUI. This requires OX 6.16 and the wizard packages installed.

Greetings

Comment

Error in the wizard:

"The connection failed"

With IMAP it works perfectly but I need POP3
              Any more idea?
              Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Mhh, do you work within a corporate Network where 110/tcp might be blocked? Probably Google does not support POP3 withouth SSL. I tested Google with POP3/SSL and it works for me. Can you check the OX log file? It should show more details. Can you check POP3/SSL on port 995?

Greetings
                Last edited by Martin Heiland; 05-17-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Thank you again.

Ox log file:

May 17, 2010 4:16:06 PM com.openexchange.ajax.Folder$MailRootFolderWriter call
                  SEVERE: MSG-1016 Category=5 Message=Connection was refused or timed out while attempting to connect to remote server 127.0.0.1 for user testuser. exceptionID=-2029661532-1413
                  MSG-1016 Category=5 Message=Connection was refused or timed out while attempting to connect to remote server 127.0.0.1 for user testuser. exceptionID=-2029661532-1413
                  at com.openexchange.mail.mime.MIMEMailException.handl eMessagingException(MIMEMailException.java:513)
                  at com.openexchange.imap.IMAPAccess.connectInternal(I MAPAccess.java:498)
                  at com.openexchange.mail.api.MailAccess.delegateConne ctInternal(MailAccess.java:493)
                  at com.openexchange.mail.api.MailAccess.connect0(Mail Access.java:451)
                  at com.openexchange.mail.api.MailAccess.getRootFolder (MailAccess.java:410)
                  at com.openexchange.ajax.Folder$MailRootFolderWriter. call(Folder.java:2507)
                  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:303)
                  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:138)
                  at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.cal l(Executors.java:441)
                  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:303)
                  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:138)

Comment

Could it be that you don't have a primary IMAP account for that OX user? POP3 mails are synchronized to the primary IMAP storage since POP3 only offers a small subset of OX mail features. External IMAP accounts are used kinda "live" without local storage so they work, POP3 does not work for you since we need a local storage.

The primary IMAP account is configured when creating or changing the user, please check the installation guide and documentation.

Greetings

Comment

I set my Gmail account as a primary account and still not working, this is the command:

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -c 1 -A oxadmin -P admin_password -u pepe -d "pepe" -g pepe -s garcia -p pepe -e email]mablasfor@gmail.com[/email] --imaplogin mablasfor --imapserver imap.gmail.com --smtpserver smtp.gmail.com

Am I doing something wrong?
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

The password of the OX user (-p) and the IMAP mailbox must be equal, maybe that's a cause.

Please note that remote IMAP accounts are not very fast in most cases and might have negative influence. We strongly recommend to use a local IMAP server.

Greetings

Comment

Thanks again Martin the problem now is this:

How can I change the ports and enable SSL encryption in order to the Google IMAP and SMTP server recognize my password?
                          Because the primary mail config is using port 143 for IMAP without SSL and 25 for SMTP without SSL too and I believe that the servers can't validate my password (the config is locked and I can't change it).

I attach a piece of OX log.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Hi,

OX will automatically use STARTTLS if it's available on connections on port 143 and 25. You can force SSL and different ports by just adding the account by using an URI style:

--imapserver imaps://imap.gmail.com:995/ for example, same for SMTP.

Greetings

Comment

Thanks Martin. I can configure a gmail account with pop3
                              You are the OX God!
                              Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X