Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• create more than one resource with same email

hello,
    currently it is not possible to create more resources with the same email adress - means every resource must have a unique email address assigned.
    Is this a bug?

01.06.2010 11:18-->Fehlermeldung: Ressource(n) mit gleicher E-Mail-Adresse xxx@domain.com gefunden (RES-0010, 677605935-2161303)

Hi,

this is not a bug - it's by intention.

Greetings

Comment

ok, but is it possible to enter an alias email-adress, instead of assigning only ONE internal only user per ressource?

best
      OX Server:7.8.2-Rev37 on Univention Corporate Server 4.1-4

Comment

Hi,

If your mail services allow users to append a +tag qualifier to their e-mail address (e.g., username+tag@example.com), a way to bypass the feature/limitation of OX is to provide a different tag for each resource, e.g.:
        username+resource1@example.com
        username+resource2@example.com

Michaƫl

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
          Hi,

this is not a bug - it's by intention.

Greetings
          hi martin,
          could you please explain "intention" - why, what is the concept behind.

I want an information email to our manger of resources - only one person, our brave secretary. For me, actually this is more like a limitation - i want to decide, who should get the email.

regards

Comment

Hi,

the "concept" is, that ressources in Microsoft Outlook need an identifier which is an E-Mail address. To maintain compatiblity, we also need one E-Mail address per ressource. If there are more than one ressource using the same E-Mail address, they won't be unique anymore.

What you can do is creating multiple E-Mail aliases for one user and assign those aliases to ressources.

Greetings

Comment

hi martin,
              ok, thank you. I should also find your simple solution by myself, but somethimes....

Comment

Working...
              X