POP3 Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POP3 Connector

Exchange has the concept of a pop3 connector, which essentially allows us to keep our current internet mail service and let exchange pull mail using a pop3 connector, instead of changing our MX records and hosting mail directly. My question is does OX have a similar component/setup? There are a number of reasons why this configuration is important for our setup, and its unlikely to change in the short term. Love to switch to OX but this capability is a must.

thanks

Hi,

OX can integrate POP3 Accounts and lets you access them. In essence, this feature fetches messages from a POP3 account and stores them to the primary IMAP account to enable advanced features and "offline" usage. If that does not fit your requirements, please describe in detail what you need to do.

Greetings

Comment

that sounds perfect, I'm download now

Comment

So if I understand other forum postings correctly I need to install fetchmail and configure it to get each users external pop3 mail and copy it into the OX imap account. Is that basically correct? If so is there any instructions on how to do that? I would also like to try GUI frontend in univention-fetchmail, but I can't seem to find the package anywhere.

Comment

Hi,

fetchmail is another option which could be used in some scenarios. However, the POP3 connector of OX is integrated and already comes with a configuration interface. You can check it out at Configuration->Mail->Accounts. OX can actually handle multiple IMAP and POP3 boxes for a single user. The groupware accesses the remote mail server and performs all steps required to use the mailbox through one interface. We also provide a wizard for most popular mail hosts like gmail, yahoo etc. This feature is available with >6.16

Greetings
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Martin Heiland; 08-06-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X