X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synchronisation with mobile devices 2 issues

Hi, I have the following 2 problems with the Mobility Oxtender:

1. Sync with Apple Iphone 3G firmware 4.0.1
    After I updated to the newest version of OXtender (Server is up to date, no updates available) my Iphone is doing strange things when receiving emails.

a) email dates allways show the RECEIVED dates when the phone syncs. This means, that when the phone gets emails at 13:00 all emails, no matter when received by the server) get marked with 13:00.

a1) when syncing mails, the status (READ/UNREAD) of the message gets changed randomly. When I have for excample 40 unread emails, and sync with the phone, afterwards only 20 unread are left

before the last update, everything worked perfect with the iPhone! I allready reseted the phone, recreated the profile etc. but it did not help

2. SYNC with Nokia N72 all updates done
    when I sync with this phone, it does not sync all emails, but stops the sync with the error message: please contact system administrator, sync not possible.
    strange thing is, that it syncs parts of the messages, but not all.

this problem was alleready persistent before I updated the server to the last and newest version.

maybe somebody can help?

What is wrong?
    company | private

Hi,

regarding iOS:
    a) We have had an issue with that with an earlier version. What release of the Mobility OXtender are you using?
    a1) Might be related to the E-Mail client on the phone. We don't have influence on what or how the client marks as read or unread.

regarding Nokia:
    What client version are you using? Mail For Exchange 3.0 has some issues synchronizing Mail with OX. We're currently researching whats the cause. Please use 2.9 if possible or disable mail via ActiveSync.

btw. having a valid license makes eligible for customer support, you could contact them as well.

Greetings

Comment

Hi Martin,

thank you very much for your reply. see my short answers to your questions/remarks:

IOS:
      a) The most actual one. My system has all updates installed. Bevore the update to the actual version all was fine. After updating, it is the way described

a1) OK, I also think so. Maybe this is related to a)

NOKIA
      Thank you - I thought that it is this way, as I made test eith another Nokia phone WHERE IT IS POSSIBLE TO DOWNGRADE TO THE OLD VERSION. I have not found any possibility yet to downgrade this N72 to the older version.

Thank you for telling me about the support - i still do prefer first the forum. If this will not help, I will contact the support and ask them for help!

wbrgds

Lukasz
      company | private

Comment

Nokia has hidden the old downloads pretty well, afaik not even links exist anymore. You might check these out:

Symbian/S60 5.0 (Most recent touch-phones)

Symbian/S60 3.2 (Older phones)

Otherwise, there are some mirrors at one-click hosters, google might help

Greetings

Comment

I will try those! THANK YOU THAT'S GREAT.

I just have to check, afa I know, the N72 has the exchange stuff somehow integrated into the phone os. but we will see!

thank you

wbrgds

Lukasz
          company | private

Comment

Working...
          X