oxinstaller --> Authentication failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxinstaller --> Authentication failed

I try to install OX on a Debian Etch (Xen DomU) system with the help of the (great) installation wiki - now I run into trouble

When I start (cyrus, postfix, saslauthd and apache are running):

Code:
    /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller -f --oxdb-pass=<mypassword> --admin-pass=<mypassword> --maildomain zuhause.xx
    Code:
    initializing database (step 1/2)
    done
    Configuring services
    setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting CREATE_HOMEDIRECTORY in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
    setting SetupLink in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/system.properties
    (Re)Starting Admin Daemon
    done
    initializing database (step 2/2)
    Server response:
     Authentication failed
    done
    setting up the system
    creating certificates
    certificate could not be created:
    Server response:
     Authentication failed
    chmod: Zugriff auf »/etc/ssl/certs/eecert.pem« nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    chmod: Zugriff auf »/etc/ssl/private/eekey.pem« nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    chgrp: Zugriff auf »/etc/ssl/private/eekey.pem« nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    configuring ox admin gui
    configuring mail system
    using mail.zuhause.xx as FQHN of the mail server
    Server response:
     Authentication failed
    done
    Code:
    ls -la /etc/ssl
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root root     10240 2007-08-03 21:02 certs
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root      9374 2006-11-30 22:36 openssl.cnf
    drwx--x---  2 root ssl-cert  1024 2007-08-03 21:02 private
    btw., mysql-login runs fine:
    mysql -h localhost -u openexchange -p configdb

and this too
    mysql -h localhost -u oxadmin -p configdb

Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance

Vertex

Is Cyrus working? You can test it with testsaslauthd command:

testsaslauthd -u oxadmin -p <your_password>

If it says "OK Success" then it is working as expected. If not, check cyrus and pam configuration.

If Cyrus is OK, check that you use correct passwords with oxinstaller. Just in case, I used the same passwords for both --ox-dbpass and --admin-pass. I also had "Authentication failed" problem when I used different passwords. Modify oxinstaller by adding those passwords before running it.

I hope this helps!

-mlt

Comment

Originally posted by mlt View Post
      Is Cyrus working? You can test it with testsaslauthd command:

testsaslauthd -u oxadmin -p <your_password>

If it says "OK Success" then it is working as expected. If not, check cyrus and pam configuration.

If Cyrus is OK, check that you use correct passwords with oxinstaller. Just in case, I used the same passwords for both --ox-dbpass and --admin-pass. I also had "Authentication failed" problem when I used different passwords. Modify oxinstaller by adding those passwords before running it.

I hope this helps!

-mlt

mmm to my also I pass that to me and my problem was that imap was not commenting the lines as said wiki to it, please reviews the configuration that you have of imap and returns to try!

IV.1.3. Configure pam

Change /etc/pam.d/imap that it looks like this. Note the <YOURPASSWORDFROMINSTALL> defaults, please enter the password used at the Admindaemon installation here.

#@include common-auth
      #@include common-account

auth optional pam_mysql.so host=localhost user=openexchange passwd=<YOURPASSWORDFROMINSTALL> db=open-xchange-db [table=login2user LEFT JOIN user ON login2user.id=user.id AND login2user.cid=user.cid] [where=user.cid=1] usercolumn=login2user.uid passwdcolumn=user.userPassword crypt=1
      account required pam_mysql.so host=localhost user=openexchange passwd=<YOURPASSWORDFROMINSTALL> db=open-xchange-db [table=login2user LEFT JOIN user ON login2user.id=user.id AND login2user.cid=user.cid] [where=user.cid=1] usercolumn=login2user.uid passwdcolumn=user.userPassword crypt=1

If you see an error in /var/log/auth.log type "acces denied 'openexchange'@'localhost' ... try change host to sock from mysql. By example for Debian Etch. Note the <YOURPASSWORDFROMINSTALL> defaults, please enter the password used at the Admindaemon installation here.

#@include common-auth
      #@include common-account

auth optional pam_mysql.so host=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock user=openexchange passwd=<YOURPASSWORDFROMINSTALL> db=open-xchange-db [table=login2user LEFT JOIN user ON login2user.id=user.id AND login2user.cid=user.cid] [where=user.cid=1] usercolumn=login2user.uid passwdcolumn=user.userPassword crypt=1

account required pam_mysql.so host=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock user=openexchange passwd=<YOURPASSWORDFROMINSTALL> db=open-xchange-db [table=login2user LEFT JOIN user ON login2user.id=user.id AND login2user.cid=user.cid] [where=user.cid=1] usercolumn=login2user.uid passwdcolumn=user.userPassword crypt=1

I am mistaken was in these lines.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-13-2007, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X