OXtender locks user accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OXtender locks user accounts

OXtender seems not to distinguish connection and authentication errors. If the sync interval is set e.g. to 10 minutes, it will try to sync every 10 minutes, even if the last authentification failed.

So if the mailserver has limited login attempts and a user just changed his mailserver password and forgot to change the oxtender password, oxtender will lock his account very soon .

I think, a popup dialog for new password or some warning should appear if auth fails.

Further, if would be nice, if oxtender could reuse the saved mail account password if available (i.e. optionally associate the oxtender setup with a particular mail account in thunderbird). Even nice would be to support 1 oxtender per 1 mail account.

Hi,

please also open a ticket at http://trac.fusionworkx.com/open-xch...bird-connector for their development team.

Greetings

Comment

If I could find out how to register/get a login there, I would do it. It seems to be read-only for external users.

Comment

Hi,

you're right, the OXtender should stop the synchronisation if the authentifcation failed 3 times because of wrong credentials. But there is an error message if the auth failed, in the bottom of the mail window should you see a status message what the Oxtender is currently doing and there you see if a authentification went wrong.

To reuse the mail account password is really a great idea, I'm going to check what I can do here.

The support of one OXtender for one mail account is currently not planed, in my eyes the OX-Server should aggregate all informations e.g. if you more than one OX-Server and the OXtender use one source to get all the informations.

Best regards,
        Sebastian

Comment

Hi Sebastian ! You must have been busy last days... its so thrilling to wait for the new oxtender release.

Originally posted by sebastiankauss View Post
          Hi,

you're right, the OXtender should stop the synchronisation if the authentifcation failed 3 times because of wrong credentials. But there is an error message if the auth failed, in the bottom of the mail window should you see a status message what the Oxtender is currently doing and there you see if a authentification went wrong.
          ok, but that message in statusbar is almost "invisible". There should really popup a message box (the same way thunderbird does if password failed).
          3 attempts are too much, 1 is enough (we actually lock accounts on 3rd attempt).

To reuse the mail account password is really a great idea, I'm going to check what I can do here.
          Perfect !

The support of one OXtender for one mail account is currently not planed, in my eyes the OX-Server should aggregate all informations e.g. if you more than one OX-Server and the OXtender use one source to get all the informations.
          Well - not a must-to-have feature. But I already had a guy here, who has got an own ox install at home and wants to merge his calendar with the other one we have in office, also ox... no way.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
            ok, but that message in statusbar is almost "invisible". There should really popup a message box (the same way thunderbird does if password failed).
            ok, I guess you're right. If one auth failed the should user got a message and the synchronisation should stop.

I created a new ticket that descriped the problem:

Comment

Working...
            X