Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie help

Hi,

I have some issues understanding exactly how OX works. I'm planning to integrate all my external email accounts (some GMX accounts and my own domain) into OX. I don't want to host my domain but download the emails from the POP3/IMAP accounts and send them through a smarthost.

i would like to also have all these email accounts under one OX login. my issue is that i don't really understand how i need to setup the first account then.

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/createcontext -A oxadminmaster -P secret -c 1 -u oxadmin -d "Context Admin" -g Admin -s User -p secret -L defaultcontext -e oxadmin@domain?? -q 1024 --access-combination-name=all

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -c 1 -A oxadmin -P secret -u testuser -d "Test User" -g Test -s User -p secret -e what email address? --imaplogin testuser --imapserver 127.0.0.1? --smtpserver 127.0.0.1?

all of my accounts are external so i'm not sure if it should be 127 etc. for the additional email accounts i can enter login credentials for the servers but where can i do this for this main account?

or do i need to create an account for every email address?

Hi,

for performance reasons it's highly recommended to use a local IMAP server or IMAP cache. You could configure external accounts as well but this might be pretty slow in contrast to a local account. In addition to that, content of POP3 accounts is synchronized/copied to the primary IMAP account which will clutter your external account.

However, a example configuration would look like this:
    Code:
    /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -c 1 -A oxadmin -P secret -u testuser -d "Test User" -g Test -s User -p your-password-at-gmx -e testuser@gmx.de --imaplogin your-login-name-at-gmx --imapserver imap.gmx.net --smtpserver mail.gmx.net
    This will use the external GMX account as primary IMAP storage. Your OX users password needs to be equal to your primary IMAP mailbox' password.

Greetings
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 10-04-2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

ok thx! so if i just setup an fake primary imap account like test@example.org and the just add the external pop3 accounts i would avoid that right?

Comment

Yep, should work if the fake mailbox is working.

Comment

Working...
        X