Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Xchange community and mobile phone sync

Hello All,

I went over major frustration while trying to setup funambol sync with ox. In the end it's just not working. Hence the question.
    Is there any way to sync community edition to mobile phone? I understand the business mobility is out of reach. But how about syncml oxtender? Is that also only for commercial versions, as I can't find it anywhere.

My server only has 3 user and I do not mind paying reasonable money for that.
    Thanks for the info.

Best regards,

Hi,

a OXtender for SyncML will be released to the public with 6.18.1, however it only supports synchronizing contacts.

Greetings

Comment

Thanks Martin,

How about synthesis syncml server.
      Synthesis AG is specialized on SyncML data synchronisation solutions. We focus on the IT needs of individuals and small to middle sized companies. Our motto is 'sustainable software concepts' Sustainable in this case means: better performance while requiring less computing ressources. For all tasks there is an option to create a more sustainable solution - mainly by careful planning and realisation.

They write on their website it works with open xchange. It is not an open source solution but it's not expensive either. I could not find any documentations about these two working together. Is it a viable solution?

Regards,

Comment

Hi,

yes, we are testing this client on windows mobile devices and it seems to work fine. If there are any bugs at OX that stop clients from working, you can report a bug of course.

Greetings

Comment

Hi Martin,

Are you talking about the client for mobile device or the server module?

I wonder whether the server can be used to add syncml functionality to open exchange CE.

When it comes to oxtender syncml developed by you, I read that it can also sync calendar and tasks. However, when you release it to the community it will only sync contacts, you said. Are you planning to offer the full version as well, albeit for a fee. I only use ox for personal use (serves 3 people) but would be very interested in it. I am sure there would be more of us. And no support from yourself would be needed.

Regards

Comment

Hi,

i`m talking about Synthesis client software, especially for windows mobile devices.
            Note that there are two OXtenders for SyncML: One for the old and discontinued OX5 and a new one for OX6 which will be released soon as a beta: http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?ti...der_for_SyncML

The new one is limited to contacts for free and commercial users, simply because we need a very basic yet very compatible solution for the most common use-cases on simple mobile devices: getting contacts and phone numbers. We do not cripple the free SyncML solution in any way.

For more sophisticated devices (smartphones), we offer a ActiveSync implementation that covers all kind of data and modules.

Greetings

Comment

Nice and clear. I was already starting to negotiate with myself how much it would be worth. I stopped at £70 hahaha, cheers.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by brunoschwartz View Post
                Hello All,

I went over major frustration while trying to setup funambol sync with ox. In the end it's just not working. Hence the question.
                Is there any way to sync community edition to mobile phone?
                Hello,

I solved this for my Windows Mobile Phones with Windows Mobile 6.1. But it works only for OX 6.16.1 Rev3. If I use 6.18.0 Rev7 then funambol doesn't get a correct result for the login datas. I hope, someone can answer my question in my OX-Installation thread concerning this topic.

Kind regards
                Last edited by Guest; 10-19-2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X