Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imap error when deleting mail

Hello All,

I am using open-xchange community and debian lenny. It connects to my mail server running postfix/dovecot. All was running great while using test account but now I changed location of the main email trash folder. It used to be trash but I use on all my other devices "Deleted Items". When I change it to that it gives

error: message couldnot be moved to trash folder on server localhost with login xxxx (user=4, context=1) (IMAP-2034, 458821271-736)

When I change it back to Trash all is OK again.
    Also on additional accounts "Deleted Items" works fine. The problem is only on the main email.

Regards

Sorry, I forgot one more thing. There are no errors in mail.log, mail.info or syslog.
    Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

the default mail folder names (trash, send, drafts etc.) are hardcoded at OX. Deleting or renaming such folders will cause issues because the folders cannot be found anymore.
      You can change those defaults for new users at the configuration: /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties or at the database for existing users (not recommended).

Greetings

Comment

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your reply. I will try to make a new user tmwr.

Just for the record what I did was I used "changeuser" as there is a setting for trash folder. The new trash "deleted items" is recognised and has an icon like a trash. No joy with deleting though.

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X