Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Sync of shared calendar entry, where i am a meber not working

hi,
    our secretary created a calendar entry in an shared calendar. I can see this entry in my personal calendar of web gui (if checkbox show all is enabled). But such entries are not synced to mobile phones. Is this a bug or a wanted behavior? Is there a possibility to influence this behavior?

GUI Version: 6.18.0 Rev14
    Server Version: 6.18.0-Rev14

best regards
    Horst

Hi Horst,

shared or public calendars are not synchronized using ActiveSync. Our API allows that, but sadly devices don support permission management etc. Most mobile devices dont even support multiple folders at all.

Greetings

Comment

Hi Martin,
      thank you for information. Is there something like a workaround for calendar entries with a "personal character" in public calendars. Otherwise all our organisational efforts here are more or less useless. In general, we try to implement public calendars and create calendar entries for participants.

Confusing is, that OX shows these entries in web GUI but on the road there is nothing to see
      (today i missed a meeting in fact of that :-)

How would you solve this? Maybe there is another way to achieve same result?

Horst

Comment

Hi Horst,

it might sound confusing, but the GUI is just another client with other capabilities than mobile phones. We're checking to implement this for further releases, but i dont see a simple workaround right now. Think of mobile calendars as PIM clients, not Groupware clients.

Greetings

Comment

hello martin,
          thank you.

just now we recognized another problem with this calendar entry: Secretary defined 8 participants for an cal-entry and some of theme do not have rights on this public calendar. Everybody got the invitation email, but participants without rights are not able to see the entry in their WEB GUI - and therefore also a confirm is not possible. I guess this is a bug, because even withour rights, participants should see this in his own calendar.

best regards

Comment

Working...
          X