Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Xchange as default mail client using prism

Hey there,

we are using Open-Xchange for about 3 years now and are very happy with it. To increase user experience we use Prism to launch Open-Xchange. So it behaves more like a desktop application, can be minimized to tray etc.

The only thing we are still looking for is how to integrate Open-Xchange with mailto: links or "Send via email". As much as I know this can be done when using GMail with Prism.

Has anybody of you made some experiences with how to integrate Open-Xchange web interface with the mailto: protocol?

Best,
    Matthias

Hi,

i have not done that, but it would require configuration changes at the operating system to handle those links. I really don't think/hope a web application can modify the operating system this way. Some kind of client software needs to handle those mailto links and forward them to ox. This client application could log-in and open a "new mail" dialog for the user, for example.

Greetings

Comment

Yes, usually prism is configured with Open-Xchange and the operating system is configured to handle mailto: links with that prism application. In prism we can use JavaScript to handle the incoming requests from the operating system. So if I knew which JavaScript classes/functions are responsible for writing new emails, I could probably write the JavaScript code for prism.

Is there any client-side function that can be used something like that:

ox.writeNewMail("addy@mail.com", "this is the subject");

Comment

Very cool idea - many many users are asking for this!

Daniel

Comment

Daniel,

Originally posted by Daniel Halbe View Post
          Very cool idea - many many users are asking for this!

Daniel
          any news on this? there is definitely demand for such a feature - do happen to know whether this on the OX roadmap?

also, has anyone investigated this further - is this feasible with the current ox javascript client?

best regards,

guenter

Comment

Use ox.api.event.register(ox.api.event.common.Ready, ...) to wait till the client finished initialization. Then you can use functions like ox.api.mail.compose().

See js/api.js in the GUI source code for JSDoc documentation.

Comment

Working...
            X